Titans 1st pick: Nobody

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by formerphinfan, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. formerphinfan

formerphinfan Camp Fodder

I’ll say it…at 19 I don’t like any of the choices. Trade the pick if possible.

* Ginn looks to be the second coming of Desmond Howard
    * Mechman has just 1 year of note
    * Bowed droped a lot of passes
    * Jarrett is slow
    * At DE Anderson, Carriker will most likely be gone.
    * Moss is another undersized situational rusher
    * Lynch has character questions

I do like Michael Turner and McCarrens.
    Turner has size, speed and is less a risk than a rookie
    McCarrens can man the WR spot till David Givens gets back and will be a good 2nd 3rd WR after David returns

I'd trade 19 to the Chargers for their 2nd rounder and MT.
    I'd trade the Titans first 4th rounder for McCarrens.

The Titans would then have 2 second rounders a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 3 6rounders and a 7th.

2. formerphinfan

2nd round choices

If the Titans get 2 second round picks......
    The Titans could draft 2 of the following

Defensive Line
    * LaMarr Woodley
    * Quentin Moses
    * Ikaika Alama-Francis
    * Ray McDonald
    * DeMarcus Tyler

Wide Receiver
    * Steve Smith
    * Sidney Rice
    * Anthony Gonzales

Other "Best Player Available" Possibilities
    * Justin Blalock OG
    * Zach Miller TE
    * Ben Patrick TE

3. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

I agree whole heartedly

If Carriker isn't there, I think we are reaching. Trade for Turner and get someone of equal value in the 2nd round that we would have gotten in the first round.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I love Woodley, but Alama-Francis is very intriuging.

I say we even trade one of our later picks to move up in the second as well.

Jarrett probably will still be around in the second.

5. formerphinfan

That's it!! With the Titan's needs and players that will mostly be on the board at 19, they'd be "reaching" and the same value can be had in the second.

I think the Chargers would want the 1st rounder to get a WR since Keenan McCardell is going to retire.
    From the San Diego newspaper.........
    However, teams are built through the draft, especially teams managed by Smith. And the Chargers are light at receiver and safety. They might even be looking for a starter at both positions, or at least someone to contribute immediately.
    But picking at No. 30 in the first round, they will not get one of the perceived elite at those positions. So even as glaring as their need is at those two spots, it is not a lock they will pick a player at that position in the first round.
    Link= http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070424-9999-1s24chargers.html

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I thought this was going to be something ridiculous, but it's not really a bad suggestion. If san diego is looking for WR, they would have much better choices at our pick.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I wouldn't want to see the Titans trade out of the first round to acquire Turner (and certainly not down to where the Bolts are picking in the second... PICK #62!). If swapping first round picks and including a fourth gets it done great... if not it's time to call CB's agent.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I still wouldn't mind "swapping" 1st picks with SD to pick at 30 and our 3rd for Turner. Bowe, Meachem or possibly Ginn would be there at 30. Use our 2nd on D-line.

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

By that theory phinsfan, there would be no point in having first round selections past 10. We should let the commish know to get rid of picks 11-32, ASAP. :rolleyes: Seriously, though, there's talent and value to be had at any point of the first round. Maybe we'll wind up selecting BPA and not on our need position until the 2nd. That would be the more logical thing to do, considering we did have the 32nd ranked defense last year.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You make a huge assumption that SD would be willing to take a #1 for Turner and a #2. Especially considering they asked for a #1 & #3 flat out for Turner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar