Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Man, I'm really on the fence about this pick.

I love the fact that the FO, is clearly trying to support Locker's development with putting some good pieces around him. Warmack is a good, safe pick in an area of need which I love.

I just really feel that Cooper was the better player and had more upside. Once he went off the board I felt that Warmack would slide and make it to at least mid-first round. So I think that, although he's good, we took the 2nd best guard at 10 overall and that kinda bugs me. I just wish they would have traded down and perhaps got him later or just addressed another area such as corner.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

With cooper going off there, yea we coulda prolly waited. However if he had the check mark to being the pick, you can't worry about trying to maximize value if you get your guy.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kenny Britt??

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Guys... when I said he wont win us a game, I meant he-himself. Yes, OL is important. It's top 3 when it comes to importance on a team.

However, you still don't take a GUARD at #10.

Guard isn't a premier position on the OL. And Chance can't play tackle. So that's all he is, is a guard. Guards you can pick up in FA and no one will ever be able to tell if you have the best in the league or a middle-of-the-pack player. The position simply isn't that dire.

And lol @ TFF saying he didnt see any playmakers available at 10. Sure...

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Deuce Wayne

I don't know how many times I have to answer this ridiculous post-

but Larry Warford.

And i'd even say he's better than Warmack. He simply didn't play for a machine like Alabama.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I prefer to think about it as we're trying to help out our QB that is TBD in 2014 and beyond.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That's a great point. He only plays guard, which limits our roster. Most teams in the league only have 8 active offensive lineman on game day, some only carry 7! That is why I wanted Cooper over Warmack, that versatility to play multiple spots.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

How bout we give Locker one friggin' entire starting season before we throw the guy out with the trash huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar