Titans #2 in NFL in causing false start penalties

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Lol, yeah that sucks.. He also is still using his awful "deadgirlscantsayno" bull crap.. Sucks, he is trying to copy my username.

2. Titan Up

Titan Up DeadGirlsCantSayNo

crap son, didnt know someone had that name already...i dont think you can change them.

live wit it.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You know, I've never called into sports talk... and I almost did over those comments. And I don't listen to sports talk all the time so here's just some of what I caught...

They said fan support was down because they had less call-ins about the Titans. I don't think less call-ins regarding Titans = less Titans fan support at all. I think it's more to do with a lot of Vols calls considering this has been the worst two year period in Vols history since 1910-1911 (exactly 100 years)!

I also think there is less drama. No VY/Fisher drama to keep callers arguing back and forth. I actually love the more boring drama-free football team!

So I think the radio host are wrong. THe stadium crowd/noise seems the same to me as the last 5 years. With the exception of the Tampa game, but even though the stadium was sparse because of the weather, I thought the crowd was extra rowdy. Rowdiest game in years for me actually.

4. Alex1939

No one can say the Titans fans were lacking today. Phenomenal crowd. Ridiculous amount of penalties on both sides.

Also have to say clearly the talk sports guys are wrong if they think the crowd support is somehow less than prior years. Not too many games in the last few years I've been to where I've seen the corners of the top level near capacity.

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Sadly, most of the corners are visiting team tickets.
    The crowd has definitely been down this year. Still lots of empties in the upper deck.

6. Alex1939

I dont see how you can say that today. It was packed in the upper deck.

There has always been a large visiting crowd whenever a good team rolls into town. People want to visit Nashville.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep

I know all bout visiting fans - 320!

8. skitch

Because I was there and saw it.....and have seen it every game this year. Maybe the opener being an exception. It was (and has been) far from packed in the upper deck.

I realize they like coming here. I'm just saying.....that's normally what the corners are.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It was pretty obvious (from TV land anyway) that there were quite a few Saints fans there today. Their two TD passes late in the game were cheered pretty loudly.

Agree though....Nashville seems like a place that alot of visiting fans want to visit.

10. skitch

There were a lot.
    Good place to visit.
    Some are transplants after Katrina.
    Winning a Superbowl always gains fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar