Titans 2007 return game - field position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

i would like to see Henry give it a shot

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Just let Vince run it on first down of every drive. That will make up for the field position.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I always look at it like, the Titans return game cost them (us, whatever) the second superbowl. BOOO Raiders.

IMO, Pac will be most missed for this.

Whoever is back there, just don't ruin games. Fair catch and let Vince do his thing.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

If Davis winds up on our depth chart then he will probably be best suited for returns. That would work out perfectly, we can eliminate the need for the slot and for returns.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You must prefer the slower players. I like my strategy better.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

By your "strategy" you mean the complete LACK of a strategy?

okay.

Losing Pac is a big step back since he gave us such play making ability and really kept opposing teams on there heals. A good return can be a huge momentum turner. We've added a fair bit of speed this ofseason so I'm sure someone will emerge. Are there currently any return man/runningbacks that I can't think of?

7. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Camp Fodder

I personally like the idea of putting Henry on KR, if he is the speed demon I’m hearing he is, put him back there. If he can break the first tackle he should be able to hit the sideline and be off. Let him get some confidence and he’ll be good to go in the backfield by next year. I doubt Fisher will, but I think it’s the smart thing to do for us.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In all honesty we really don't have anyone who can replace Pacman, the guy is simply awesome.

Finnegan showed some good ability returning punts in pre-season last year and I'd assume is one of the front runners. Davis obviously will get a shot as well.

Roby has already proven his ability on KRs.

As far just plugging in a fast guy and being OK that is pure non-sense. Being a quality return guy in the NFL requires special skills which includes speed, explosivness, ability to make people miss and vision. There are alot of guys who were pretty good in college that never translated in the NFL. Waddel is a good example of a guy who had a spectacular 40 time who was successful in college but never seemed to succeed. Waddell might be in the mix still but Finnegan and Roby seem to be the front runners.

As far as Henry being capable I would bet he gets a shot at KRs. Who knows if he will be any good. I'm not sure he even returned kicks in college.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think our return game will suffer less of a letdown than people expect. Our return team as a whole was functioning better last year. The blockers were better, not just Pac. True, pac had some skills that won't be replaced, and he could make up for a couple of missed or bad blocks, but I don't think we'll see a huge drop off in production. We probably won't see as many TD returns, but I'd bet our averages are still pretty high. We have plenty of young fast guys to plug in.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Instead of our return game being one of the best in the league we will be closer to average unless a guy like Finnegan demonstrates some special abilities we have yet to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar