Titans 2012 Schedule..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Jags schedule should still be slightly easier. We play the Steelers and Chargers. They play the Bengals and Raiders. The rest of the matchups are the same.

2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

This is how I believe it will play out:

I say we Split Houston 1-1. Should be Jags both games 3-1. No reason Colts should win either matchup 5-1. Pats will probably beat us, last two meetings were not close, and last was the terrible 54-0 game which partly was due to the random Oct Snow storm. But their D is terrible, so we have a chance, but going with loss for now 5-2. Should beat Buffalo and Miami 7-2. Vikings should also be an easily win leaving us at 8-2.

Now, the rest of the games against Jets, Lions, Packers, Bears, Chargers, & Steelers are literally in my opinion up in the air.

I think we are over due to beat the Steelers, and their D is getting REALLY old. And they currently dont have a solid RB anymore. So of the 6, I see us pulling that one out at home.

The Packers I see on the decline. What? Yes I said it. Decline. They will remind me of the Pats last year where they can put up a tone of points, but their D can't stop anyone. Only difference this year is they wont continue to get all the turnovers like they did last year. Giants showed they can be beat.

Chargers are nothing special anymore, Gates is old. Matthews could be injured when we play him. They let Vjax go. Their D also gets beat by Tebow now, so I see it being possible to also win that game, but we don't have a good history playing at San Diego, so its not a sure thing.

Bears will be hard to predict. They made some key moves in FA so their offense could be awesome next year, but the D is getting old as well. Also a game that could be totally different depending on the time of year we play them. And if they have key injuries like last year.

Lions will be VERY touch. Jimmy ScWrts knows our team well, and their Offense is as good as its been in team history. I honestly don't see us beating the Lions unless we play them later in the season and we can catch them with some key injuries.

Finally the Jets is by far the hardest to predict. I think we can definately beat them but then again, if their D shows up like in years past. I don't know. If we play them at the right time of the year, we could get a win if they are on a slump or in heavy drama with Tebow v Sanchez situation. I think all the drama will lead to an opening for us.

SO, there you have it. I see us easily winning 8 games while the rest is up to Titans. We could be 14-2 or 11-5 or 8-8. If we could win ANY one game next year though, I for one would LOVE it if we got revenge on the Pats for the 54-0 game.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

ONCE AGAIN...

You can not tell how tough a schedule is until week 6 of the season.

Ranking the toughness of a schedule in April is silly.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. gran54

gran54 Starter

Agreed, same as Power Rankings .... useless

5. NewHorizans

Honestly, I 100% agree with you. There is no point to saying a team has a 'really tough' schedule during the Spring offseason when all you have to go by is last years results. No two seasons are the same, so I think we just talk about it now because there is nothing more us crazy football / Titans fans can do during the long wait between seasons.

6. NewHorizans

Oh yea, the Power Rankings are another totally worthless item of interest by football fans. They ALWAYS put the Super Bowl teams as top 2 when the loser of the Super Bowl usually doesnt even return to playoffs the next year. And the years of a team winning back to back are completely a thing of the past.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree... to an extent.

When you play the Packers, Lions, Bears, Patriots, Steelers, and Texans twice, it's a hard schedule though. No way around it.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Houston will probably sweep us. They thrashed us pretty bad last season and we really haven't improved much.

4-2 in the division. 6-4 outside it seems pretty reasonable.

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

good post just one minor correction. It was 59-0 against the Pats. I remember the devastation like it was yesterday.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not really.

In 2002 we were meant to be one of the top teams and we ended up 6 - 10 due to injuries and the like.
    In 2008 we weren't meant to be 10 - 0 to start the season but we did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar