Titans 2013 Schedule Released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I hate the 3 pm KOs. Sucks worse that the ponies and stoolers combined

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Its not gonna placate you but the official schedule looks something like

AFCS3 at NFCW3
    NFCW2 at AFCS3

ect...

so I have no doubt the NFL is correct.

Remember a few years ago when the Cowboys were all butthurt about having too go too GB for like the 5th year in a row? same reason as Titans going too Seattle again

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have no idea what that format means.

I don't remember the Cowboys whining about that, but I seriously doubt it was more than 2 seasons in a row. I don't think you could ever play the same team home or away more than two seasons in a row unless it's a team in your division.

4. RavensShallBurn

2009 Ravens (played NFC North)
    Home games: Lions, Bears
    Away games: Packers, Vikings

2013 Ravens (play NFC North)
    Home games: Lions, Bears
    Away games: Packers, Vikings

So far the NFL is looking pretty damn inconsistent. I'll continue my research.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no it all depends on where you fall in the division.

say its your turn too face AFCN and you catch the Stoolers at home. Both team finish in 1st place and next year its the AFCS1 turn too host the AFCN1 - bang stoolers at home again. Both teams finish in third place (clearly the refs cheated the Titans) and the next year the AFCS3 hosts AFCN3 boom stoolers at home for the third year in a row. both teams finish in second ect...

you get my point.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

seriously you are going about it wrong. The NFL dont schedule teams they schedule opponents based on where a team finished inside its division.

That is why you can know who you are playing home and away next year the day the season ends. You cant tell what week you will play them or what time, but you know who the opponents will be

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's not true.

There is a cycle where you will play everyone (non-division) twice in 8 years, once home and once away.
    The cycle finished in 2009 and a new one started.

http://www.footballinjuries.com/rotation.htm

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. RavensShallBurn

2009 Steelers (played NFC North)
    Home games: Packers, Vikings
    Away games: Bears, Lions

2013 Steelers (play NFC North)
    Home games: Packers, Vikings
    Away games: Bears, Lions

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I googled it. Looks like there is some sort of WC modifier that can throw the pure rubic out of whack somewhat.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/steelers-2013-schedule-opponents-set/

I hate quoting those asrehats but they got it right.

I admit I cannot find anything that locks an opponent based on division record other than the 2 interconference games, but gosh I am certain all the games are based on where a team lands in their division. Its why the Titans could announce the home slate when they were pimping season tickets.

10. RavensShallBurn

False. Only two of the games each season are based on division ranking. Go look at 2002. Check the NFC division we played. Then check 2006 and the NFC division we played. Then go to 2010 and check the NFC division we played. We will also play that same division in 2014. That division is the NFC East. That's how it works... period.

Now it works a bit differently for the AFC. It's every three years since we're in our own AFC division. Check the 2002 schedule and the AFC division we played. Then check the 2005 schedule and the AFC division we played. Then check the 2008 schedule and the AFC division we played. Then check the 2011 schedule and the AFC division we played. We will pay that same division in 2014. That division is the AFC North.

Literally only two games each year aren't determined ahead of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar