Post-Game Thread Titans 27, Bears 21

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Did Casey go out on their 2nd TD drive or 3rd? I think that hurt towards the end even though he wasn't much throughout the game.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Seriously??? Not saying Cox has been playing he's been quite awful this year...however, it pains me to say the Secondary actually was worse with out him. **ouch**.

I guess next week the team will be promoting Cody Riggs and giving him a shot lol

3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

There is definitely a lesson to be learned here for this coaching staff. They lucky on this one...real lucky. They got complacent and took their foot off the gas middle of the 4th QTR and the Bears got Hot as a result and almost (should have) pulled out the upset. Hopefully they take this win in stride and learn to never let up. Great teams in the league never take the gas off.

I remember watching a Pats game and Bill pulled Brady after being up by 28 points, the opponent scored and he put him back in to only to have him immediately throw a TD. The reporters at the end of the game asked him if what he did would have been considered running up the score and his response was I know what the score was. They scored quick, one mistake and they are back in the game and I wanted to end it there.

Definitely something this staff can learn from.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

He averaged 2.5 per carry...so no...not very good.

• Troll Troll x 1
  5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Bear Bryant was asked why against Vanderbilt with no time left on the clock after he scored a TD why he went for two. His reply: Because I couldn't go for three. People always said he knew what the line was.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who? The score or your wife?

• LOL LOL x 4
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The answer was supposed to be Dodd and Johnson. It all begins with pressure up front. We never even bothered the QB today.

"I had all the time in the world it felt like.”#Bears QB Matt Barkley on hurry-up offense vs #Titans

8. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

We lost a game or 2 earlier where we mostly outplayed the opponent, so now we won a game we should'a lost. In the NFL, these things usually even out over a season. We are what our record says we are; 6-6. On Barkley, he's played before, but this was his first NFL start. I thought going into the game, Fox is a smart, tough coach, and expected a close game. Regarding Sims, unlike Cox, he at least didn't fall every time he made a cut, and stayed close to the receiver. Glad we at least gave him some live action. Overall, our pass rush was slower developing than it's been lately, blitzes weren't getting there. Definitely agree Henry should have seen more action, as Murray looked sluggish today. I think our guys NEED this Bye week...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We shouldn't have lost that game.

10. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

To clarify, Henry average 7.5 per carry. Murray 2.5. Definitely thought Henry deserved more reps today.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar