Titans 2nd Round Picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I feel that if we don't get our QB in the first round, we're doomed for years to come. Here is a list of Tennessee's 2nd round selections come draft day.

1997 Joey Kent, lasted 3 seasons
    1998 Samari Rolle, lasted 7 seasons
    1999 John Thornton, lasted 4 seasons
    2000 No 2nd round pick
    2001 Andre Dyson, lasted 4 seasons
    2002 Tank Williams, lasted 4 seasons
    2003 Tyrone Calico, lasted 3 seasons
    2004 Ben Troupe, Travis LaBoy, & Antwan Odom, all lasted 4 seasons
    2005 Michael Roos, going into his 7th season with us
    2006 LenDale White, lasted 4 seasons
    2007 Chris Henry, lasted 3 seasons
    2008 Jason Jones, going into his 4th season with us
    2009 Sen'Derrick Marks, going into his 3rd season with us
    2010 No 2nd round pick

Players in green have represented the Titans in a Pro Bowl.

Moral of the thread; DON'T DRAFT OUR QB WITH A 2ND ROUND PICK!!!!!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not sure what your point is. Jones can hardly be called a bad pick and it was a late 2nd rd pick.

John Thornton was a solid starter for us and Dyson was a capable starting CB. Tank Williams was a pretty solid starting safety until he tore his knee up in 2004.

Even Lendale White can't be called a terrible pick we got an 1100 year and an 800 yard year out of him and he might have had decent stats in his last season here but CJ was so insane he just couldn't get on the field.

3. JCBRAVE

I didn't see where I suggested any of them were bad or terrible picks, but you're right about this thread being somewhat of a knock on our 2nd round picks. I simply don't want to see us draft a QB in the 2nd round if he's just going to be shown the door in 4 years as many of our 2nd round choices have. Not taking anything from Jason Jones, but if our QB comes out of the 2nd round this year, will you be okay with him only playing in 73% of the games? I want him to be there for 99-100% of the time.

History has shown us that our 2nd round selections only play out their original contract, and don't see an extension from us. If our QB is picked 40th as apposed to 8th overall, he'll likely be gone before 2015, and that would mean starting from zero again. I want the franchise QB that's going to win for a long long time. The kind you only find in the first round.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Reinfeldt is a notorious reacher, especially 2nd round picks...

Good thing CJ worked out, or he'd be fired by now.

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Lol ! I just think the Titans organization needs to put in more work when it comes to scouting prospects. They also cant be afraid to make a freakin trade once in a while

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

Titans have done some trading on draft day. Thats how we ended up with Ben Troupe, we traded out of the 1st round to get him in the 2nd along with another 2nd rounder.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

By using this logic we're screwed in every round.

We don't have the best draft history.

8. JCBRAVE

We've drafted some gems here and there, but IMO we can't get our QB out of the 2nd round considering all but two are gone the minute their contract expires. What does it mean for us if this years 2nd pick is a QB, and he's out in 4 years? We're going through this all over again. Titans don't wait for their 2nd picks, they've just dumped them.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Just because our second round picks haven't stayed for very long doesn't mean anything.....If it did why don't we just trade away our 2nd round pick every year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar