Titans 2nd Round Plans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Call me crazy, but I don't think there's more than two remaining DE's worth a 2nd or 3rd pick. To my knowledge Courtney Upshaw from Alabama is still around, as is Andre Branch from Clemson.

If either of these two are gone come our pick tonight, I don't think we'll draft a DE til much much later, say 6th or 7th round.

I know a lot of you are high on Vinny Curry, and I like him too, but just not as much as the others I named.

If those guys are gone when we pick, gotta get DT's Worthy, Thompson, or Still.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'd like to see us trade up so that we keep our spot at #52 and trade for another pick between #37-43.

A lot of talent in this years 1st and 2nd rounds. We need 2 pocks in round 2 to resolve our needs at DT and C. I'm not convinced that we'll get who we need in the 3rd.

3. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

ugh im salivating for Still....maybe i'll get my heart thwarted twice by Mr Webster

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

What realistic price to move up and keep #52 would you guys recommend paying?

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Wow I havent seen that video! He is wearing heads OUT on that line! I would be happy with Worthy, Still, Curry, or Thompson

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Would liven up the pregame show I guess...

7. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

The Nashville Tennessean passes along "some buzz" that the Titans might be working on a trade for Osi Umenyiora.
    "Don't get your hopes up," beat writer Jim Wyatt cautioned. If Osi is going to be traded, it will almost certainly happen today in exchange for a 2012 second-day draft pick. It's believed Umenyiora could be gotten for a third-rounder.
    Related: Titans
    Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter Apr 27 - 2:13 PM

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I don't think that's really feasible. We cant give up the third rounder this year, as we MUST get a center.

I guess you could do next years second and a fourth this year or something, but I wouldn't do it unless...

we could get Still AND Jenkins or Curry. That might be worth it.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Imagine if we go crazy and grab Lamichael James in the third. Haha would be a good receiving outlet. Lol piss off even more fans.

Realistically I see a run on wrs and DT early in the second, if one of our top DTs don't drop we go LB.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Picks #37-42 have a value of 530-480.

The rest of our draft from 3rd to 7th wouldn't be worth enough to leverage the trade.

We'd have to give up next years 2nd and this years 3rd.
    I'd be happy to do it too. A pikc between 37-42 may land a 1st rnd rated player and fill 3 holes for us whcih would make us contenders right away.

We'll be picking later next season so our 2nd for next season will be closer to a 3rd anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar