Titans 2nd Round Selection (#34): WR Justin Hunter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

What he meant to say is that Hunter is that type of player. He does play a very similar style to AJ Green but Green's hands were unquestionable coming out and his body control/ability to adjust to the ball is unmatched.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

For sure. I was merely making talent comparisons between hunter and cp and the upside of each. Of course it would be dumb to already say we got a green or moss or that the vikes got a harvin

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I was just wanting some feedback on the guy. Wanted to know what type of talent we drafted.

Pretty pleased with this year's draft.

4. Johnsimon

Johnsimon Camp Fodder

The face of someone who's looking at the reality of their career with Jake Locker

Attached Files:

5. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

This was a stupid pick. Justin Hunter is tall and fast, but what did he do against good competition?? (143 yards and 3 TDs against Georgia State isn't anything special... and 'good competition' doesn't include Troy, Akron, or Missouri either.)

Tenn v. Florida: 5 REC, 76 YDS, 0 TDS
    Tenn v. Alabama: 4 REC, 70 YDS, 0 TDs
    Tenn v. Georgia: 3 REC, 46 YDS, 0 TDS
    Tenn v. Miss St: 2 REC, 41 YDS, 0 TDS
    Tenn v. S. Carolina: 8 REC, 90 YDS, 0 TDS

In other words, against good competition, Justin Hunter averages 4.4 REC, 64.6 YDS, and 0 TDS.

No way those numbers are worth a high 2nd round pick... especially when we give up a 3rd rd pick in 2014 and a 7th rd pick in 2013. You know why we're not going to the playoffs this year? Draft picks like this.

This draft was deep for WRs. We overpaid for a guy who never proved himself on the field.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

outside of UGA and Miss St those are pretty solid numbers coming from a team with another 1st round WR and a college team comparable to the Jets. Exactly what point were you trying to prove?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

What point am I trying to prove? That in the big games, the games against at a minimum solid defenses, Justin Hunter didn't do anything special. He's supposed to be a big play receiver, yet he can't get into the end zone against good competition. He's supposed to be a big play receiver, yet he can't get over 100 yards a game against good competition.

I don't even think those are "pretty solid numbers"... at least give me a TD or two and I'll call them solid numbers.

And the comparisons to AJ Green or Randy Moss are some of the dumbest things I've ever read. The proper comparison - with size, speed (almost), and measurables... combined with on-field performance... is Fred Gibson from Georgia (drafted in 2005). Remember how he fared in the NFL? Exactly.

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

He's from VA though. I mean I know he went to college in the state but Nashville is not Knoxville.

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Also in his 1st year since an ACL tear. Just ask Kenny what happens to production the season after that surgery.

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Not a UT fan but it's Hunter an it ain't close.

Patterson can't learn a playbook. He's a better athlete than hunter but Hunter is a better WR by far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar