Titans: 2RB's & $ CB's... ????????????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avespucci, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

So cuts are officially over and after taking a look at where we stand, I have to assume we are going to be bringing in more players.

We're only left with 2 rb's:
    CJ
    Ringer

and 4 corners:
    Finnegan
    McCourty
    Verner
    Mouton

I obviously have full trust in our coaching staff.. but I have to assume we're working on depth at both those positions.

Thoughts?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Don't forget Fuller at nickel and Donnie Nickey is the back-up RB!

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I also assume we'll pickup another RB after week 4 (when McRath comes back from his suspension). We needed more depth at LB with McRath and Thornton out. But who knows! You know what happens when you assume, you make an out of you an me.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We've always dealt with 2 RB's so i'm not concerned...

The CB situation is alarming because I still don't think McCourty is the answer...I'd be confident with Verner stepping in but not Mouton.

Also the LB situation scares the HELL out of me.

5. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

I definitely didn't forget about Fuller, but we still seem thin at both positions.

Why didn't we keep Blount around?

The coaches stated that we had an issue with experienced depth at CB last year and we are getting ready to start the season with one proven player and 3 question marks... just seems strange to me

6. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

The LB situation is scary but we have depth there at least.

As for RB we've never "dealt with 2 RB's"

For at minimum the last 4 years we've had 3 RB's: CJ Lendale Ringer (before him Henry)

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think we'll sign another vet, though. I mean that we've primarily run 2 RB's in games.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You guys are killing me with this two runningback thing. We're going to pick up another back after the first week so we don't have to guarantee his salary for the whole year.

9. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Fair enough.. what about CB where just about every team in the league has 5 yet our team, who publicly stated we were weak and inexperienced, stayed that way and are carrying one less then everyone else????

10. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

dunno if i would say that...(trust) we had these same ? at CB last year and IMO it aint much better now then it was last year.... hell there's less experience thats for sure.
    im assuming fisher thinks we'll get the pressure we got a couple season ago, which made our secondary look like ALL PROs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar