Titans 3 worst Free Agency losses all-time?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

1. John Runyan, hands down. Those 9 seasons speak for themselves.

2. Eddie George, not just because he was our guy for so long but because he went to the Dallas Fin' Cowboys. I was born and raised here in Texas (not a VY, or a UT extremist) and born and raised an Oiler. So I have always hated the Cowgirls. It was sad too. Eddie didn't want to take a paycut and he took more money to play in Dallas instead of staying a Titan.

3. Steve McNair, technically, we traded him. But, like Eddie, Steve was our franchise QB. He embodied what it meant to be a Titan, again, like Eddie. These guys were done extra dirty, and extra dry. They were shown no respect or appreciation for what they help build. Very sad.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah, but those guys were both finished when they moved on. The Titans got all of their juice.

4. wtenn

wtenn Starter

I'll say:

1. Mason - He has played well for Baltimore and we've been unable, to this point, to adequately replace him.

2. Lorenzo Neal - Just look at all the popularity contests he won, er.... I mean just look at all of the Pro Bowls he has been selected to since leaving Tennessee.

3. Rolle - I'll say this just because it was such a struggle to replace him.

Of course it has hard to argue with anyone who would put Runyon or some of the others on the list. One name that I haven't seen mentioned, but maybe merits to be, is Juqua Thomas. I believe he actually supplanted Jevon Kearse in the starting lineup, during Freak's last season in Philly.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Strange that LoNeil is currently teamless... He's gotta have some gas left in the tank..

6. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Justin McCareins
    Reynaldo Hill
    Ben Troupe

Oh wait, you meant worst as in who was the best free agents we've lost....

My bad!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TRUTitan_53

TRUTitan_53 Camp Fodder

Eddie George- Even though he had fallen off a little bit in his latter years with the team; he was the emotional leader of the team and that became apparent after he left.
    Derrick Mason- Still won't give up that number one spot in Baltimore and still making plays.
    Steve Mcnair- What can I say the guy was a warrior and the rest of team looked to him for motivation and mentorship.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

EG - nothing wrong with making third and 1 automatic. Although Kearse was the original Titan - 1st draft pick by the Titans. EG was a true Titan until he signed with the gayboyz, did he spend a crazy weekend with Ricky Williams or what?

DM - only went to Murdermore for his family, I guess he hates them.

McMVP - Too bad Buss Cook screwed Steve and the Titans just for a stinkin' payday Buss was gonna get anyways.

Neal - one of FR/JF bigger mistakes IMO

Fat Albert - did an attitude 180 and I think he will be the real deal for the Tampskins. I wish VY would learn a lesson from FA and change his attitude.

Rocky Boiman - best hair of any Titan ever and without Boiman the only ring on Gaytons finger would be from Kenny C

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd have to agree with many of you:

1) Jon Runyan
    2) Derrick Mason
    3) Lorenzo Neil

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The ones that made me the maddest were:

1) Jevon Kearse because he was one of my favorites, I got into the team as soon as they came to TN and that was his first year.

2) Samari Rolle because it was like automatic he'd get a pick a game practically, I loved watching his INT returns.

3) Steve McNair because of the whole situation, made me embarassed for the organization and to be their fan..then he f'ing signs with Baltimore and we see ReyRey talking on ESPN going "Yeah i said hey steve come over here.." :grrr::irked:
    ________
    Coach purses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar