Titans' 3 Yr Path To Success - Nice article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by piepsilon, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

on a scramble

subtle difference, the threat of a lateral kept RG3 safe

Vince freaking Young started 2010 5-2 running the read option, it has a place if your QB can pull it off, Im cool with tapping into it to help our team

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Mariota will probably have some designed runs. The designed TD rush vs Jax in the color rush game was a thing of beauty.

He can get hurt both ways..last year he got hurt twice in the pocket. He seems smart enough to avoid most big hits.

I understand the inj concern with designed runs, but we probably need it as a weapon. Can't play this game scared.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

When was the last time we've hit on a 2nd rounder. Feels like forever.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

I'm not a big fan of designed qb runs, only because your making a 2d player 1d. But, having mm8 tun when a play breaks down is a huge asset. I think mularky said "exotic" smash mouth offense because he is not planning on being simple. We have 4 dynamic/playmakers on offense now, mm8, murray, walker and wright. I even expect more passing than running this year.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Lol I'm not sure we have, not since I've been a fan

6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Yeah, you may be true, but in either case if you get into situations where you have to pass and are very predictable, then the defense will certainly know you will have to pass. Do we have any guys on our WR core that have proven they can win one on one on a consistent basis? I just don't think we do. The other thing to consider though is the likelihood Mularkey have final say in the roster and how it shapes. Yes is probably in control of who plays on a per game basis, but my gut is telling me as far as how this roster is shaped this appears to be the new GM. So there is always hoping that he continue to do best for this team. I personally champion a WR if we stay put but that's only because in my opinion the top 2 OTs and CBs will be off the board. In my opinion, you do not take the 3rd or 4th ranked player with your 1st round pick. You take someone who you believe can be a stud. It's sort of like snake drafts in Fantasy football. Everyone knows RBs generate the most points, but if you are deeper in the first and the run of RBs have started, you simply don't take a RB, you start with a QB or WR. It's very little difference in this case imo. If there is a run on OT and CB before the 15th pick and we stay home, go a different direction don't just take a 1st round OT just simply because the team needs one. As many other posters suggested we should be able to get a good one right tackle in the 2nd. So why burn the first on a potentially mediocre player.

7. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I was completely with you until that line. No way in hell that happens. Yards? Yes. Actual plays? No.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm not getting on you specifically for saying this, but it's just a pet peeve of mine.

I hate it when fans point out that QBs get hurt in the pocket more than they do when they're running. Of course they get hurt more in the pocket. QBs spend the vast majority of their time in the pocket.

Mariota had 370 pass attempts and 34 runs. Where is he most likely to get hurt?

I don't like exposing him to extra hits though.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. 615nick

615nick Starter

I just think we are going to throw a lot of short passes. We have 3 backs that can catch (murray, dmc and fowler). Our te is our best weapon on o. Also mm8 is very accurate on short routes. A good run game and short passing game, will set up the big plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. NashVillian

NashVillian Practice Squad

Honestly guys i think you are saying the right things but then not actaully putting the player in the #15 pick that makes the most sense. You say we are going to run the ball...and we need to protect Marriota. Hate to say it but that does not scream rb, wr, hell even TE. That screams O Line where we suck donkey nads. Here is the guy i think they will pick. He has a pretty fabulous backstory as well.

Jack Conklin*, OT, Michigan State
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 308. Arm: 35.
    40 Time: 5.00.
    Projected Round (2016): 1.
    4/9/16: Conklin was solid at left tackle for the Spartans, but in speaking with NFL sources, they think he would be a better fit on the right side as a pro. They say you could get away with him at left tackle, but will ultimately want someone more athletic on the blind side. Some teams like Conklin, but there are sources at other teams who are really down on Conklin and think he's very overrated.

Yes i know another offensive lineman but dude is going to put in work to make it happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar