Post-Game Thread Titans 33, Seahawks 27

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by meekmode, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meekmode

meekmode Starter

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What a game. The box score makes it appear closer than what it really was, the Seahawks did make us sweat a bit at the end.

-If we can impose our physical style on a defense like the Seahawks then we can do it against anyone. Our OL did a great job against arguably the best DL in the NFL. After another poor 1st half, Murray and Henry went to work in the 2nd half against a tired defense. Oh, speaking of our OL, Taylor Lewan is the freaking man and it honestly hit me in the feels seeing him and everyone else defending Mariota on the sideline. This team has something special.

-With our offense starting to click, I can't imagine what it will be like when Corey Davis is healthy. Looks like Murray is back to being his regular self. It only took Henry heating up that seat a little bit. Just wish we could start moving the ball in the 1st half.

-The numbers won't paint this picture but I was really pleased with our defense today. The kept the Seahawks in check for the most part until the 4th quarter. If it wasn't for a couple great plays by Wilson to avoid sacks, their drives would have stalled out. That's just how it goes sometimes. Adoree is looking more and more confident and Kevin Byard is quickly becoming a stud.

-I don't think the Titans have ever had a rookie class like this. Every week someone else is stepping up and making big plays. Like I mentioned above, just wait until Corey Davis is healthy.

We have to beat Houston next week. 3-1 in this division would be huge and starting 2-0 against the AFCS would be amazing considering it was our division record that kept us out of the playoffs last year. I didn't really know where to rank the Titans after last week. We lost to a really good Raiders team and beat up on the Jags. Well now the Jags W looks a bit better now and we have added another quality W against the Seahawks. If we can just take care of business in our division then I like our chances in post season play right now.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I had to watch the second half on my phone while at rehearsal :irked:
    I do hope we overcome the slow starts though...

4. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

none of it matters if it doesn't fit into a narrative. People care more about %'s than they do about human life.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

This guy really knows what he's talking about. Check out his pregame prediction.

EDIT: 30 carries for 196 yards is a 6.5 yard avg.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hell of a win man!

This team is blowing teams out of the water in the 3rd quarter.

Not to give Mularkey/Robiskie too much credit, but you have to feel they feel they can wear teams down - the 3rd Q has been incredibly lobsided in our favor. It can't be coincidence.

Heck of a team win. Kept responding. That's the sign of a real team. So many big time players today

Mariota was so effective & efficient

Matthews & Murray stick out. Jonnu keeps making plays!

The entire OL was great. Moving ppl around, getting to the 2nd level. Ton of toughness shown.

Wesley Woodyard was really good. So was Byard. Casey, Orakpo, Morgan applied constant pressure. DaQuan Jones was in the backfield a lot. Adoree played well.

Team win!

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Why is our defense giving up so many points at the end of games? Not a fan. Great win though, lets enjoy it!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. meekmode

meekmode Starter

They went into prevent, I've never liked this strategy, play D!!! but we won so that's what matters. Defense played a good game overall.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Not a fan of that strategy Uncle Dick preaches, but lets goo

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's really weird when looking back on the 1st half today and last week. It's almost like we're purposely generic the first couple of drives to just get a feel for the action but that can't be truly the case because no coach would just waste valuable snaps in a matchup like that one. I think Robiskie is still trying to find the right balance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar