Post-Game Thread Titans 47, Packers 25

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

See Rodgers' interview after the game? Wow. First he said this is a young man's game (he retiring?), then he said if you are not doing your job then you should be gone. Sounds like the Pack is imploding. Mooch on the NFL showed several plays where they were not ready when the ball snapped on D, and some busted coverage (Sharpe TD). In the last 6 games Rodgers TD to INT ratio is 15-6, not that bad but MM is 17-3. Smoked him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

And to think I almost didn't record this game. . . .

Thankfully I did. I may watch it again tonight, it was THAT good for me.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

the secondary still leaves me with little faith in the defense holding leads, i didn't really feel sold on the win until we went up 19, it's that's bad

that secondary is unacceptable, i don't give a **** who the QB is

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What a game.

-This is the A-game Mariota. He didn't panic in the pocket and when nothing was there he just threw it away. I think he learned more from the SD game than any other in his young career. He made big throws and actually played with confidence, you actually got the feeling that he was going out and taking care of business. Huge for the rest of the season.

-As far as the rest of the offense, how do we feel about that Dennis Kelly trade now? He came up huge after unexpectedly having to come in on the 2nd drive of the game. OL overall had a great game. I know it's easy to blame Lewan but it's hard to fault the guy for defending his QB, just wish the touching of the ref didn't happen. Matthews was an underrated signing this offseason and he has shown his value. A reliable player who knows how to run crisp routes and has reliable hands. Wright didn't see the field much but still ended up scoring, I would like to see more true 3 WR sets. Sharpe got a much-needed confidence boost. Walker is still Walker and Murray/Henry did a solid job after the first snap of the game.

-It's nice for our offensive play-calling to actually show some aggression. I was really upset last week when Mariota was lighting it up but then switched back to an offensive philosophy that wasn't working that day. It seems that not only did Mariota learn about protecting the ball but the coaching staff may have actually found a nice balance for our offense.

-Defensively, despite having a big lead to start the game out they were put in a tough position after the 1st. That position was facing Rodgers airing the ball our for 3 straight quarters. Going against Rodgers and his dangerous trio of WRs was no easy task and we only gave up 25 points. I say only because the shoot-out seemed to be on in the 2nd quarter. Glad to see Orakpo back to getting sacks and Lebeau managed to show a lot of exotic looks at Rodgers. I think we had 5 sacks? From my memory, we had Rodgers almost down 3 other times. Obviously, we need to improve our CB position but Byard at S has become an absolute stud. He should be on the field for the majority of the game.

Overall, our schedule looks pretty good for the rest of the season. Going 4-2 during our last 6 games is not out of the question. We're due for a Colts win, Bears should be a W, Broncos is a very likely L, we have a shot against the Chiefs, will sweep the Jags, and have the Texans at home for potentially the division.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

We just beat the Pack. Why is the Broncos a likely loss? Today's game could of been the Pats and Brady. Today was a real statement game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

What an incredible team win man. At home vs an organization like the Packers. I have no words for the happiness this brought me.

Mariota man. What a baller. He literally played a PERFECT game. 0 turnovers. 4 TDs. Not only that, I don't think he made a single bad decision all game.

Dennis Kelly. To come in the sitation he came into, having to play LT and not giving up a hit/sack. At least I didn't see any. We WON the DGB trade. OL depth is so damn important. Robinson found an excellent guy in Kelly. Not to mention Jones, Kline, Conklin. Across the entire line really.

Rishard Matthews deserves some respect. Dude's been on fire lately. Nice to see K DUB score again. Sharpe getting his 1st career TD also!

BIG SHOUT OUT to Mularkey and Robiskie. What an excellent game plan and execution. I thought the play calling was amazing today. The first TD to Murray was just an amazing design and execution. Loved the blocking up front. The Murray TD pass was some excellent trickery. And the TD to Fasano was an excellent design too. Similar to the game winner vs NWO last year.

DB's are bad but we knew that. All in all, 25 points wasn't so bad.

LOVE THIS TEAM

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  7. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

From my view in front of my Honolulu TV, Marcus looked more relaxed and comfortable today in everything he did, not as hesitant from thinking so much. Or maybe the WRs were running the routes better. Only bad pass I recall was the one that sailed over Murray right before the half. Even was hitting some longer ones...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

He's still gonna have his wtf moments. But you can see the progress. I'm excited to see his career play out.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Right before the half he overthrow/underthrew quite a few. But I think he was really just trying to not give up a turnover and give them momentum for the second half.

The rest of the day he was spot on. I don't recall any passes that should have been intercepted

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yup he is looking more comfortable and poised for sure.

You both are right ^ it's only a matter of time until he has his head-scratching turnover moments or bad throws happen but hey that's the NFL.

That one bad pass over the head of Murray which would have been a for sure first down was bad but the good definetly outshined today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar