Titans @ 49ers Postgame Quotes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Coach Jeff Fisher
    "I think for the second week in a row now we showed what happens when you can go get the football, protect it and run it a little bit. That’s what got us the first win last week and of course, that’s what I think was the difference today was the turnovers and gaining points off the turnovers. And then of course, staying in the ball game and being able to run the football. That’s a good football team we played today. Very disciplined, well coached—a talented team. The difference in the game was capitalizing off turnovers."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

No mention of Young, huh? Figures.

We were running the ball pretty damned effectively when Collins was QB'ing... and that got us d***.

If you want to know what the difference is, Fish... it's PROLONGING THE DRIVES. Collins couldn't do this. Young is able to. Prolong the drive, the defense gets better rested and we get pressure and turnovers.

3. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

Completely agree with you here, young is able to convert third downs, or get to thrid and short, and with the defense getting rest, they can play better later in the game!

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I'm not giving Fisher a reprieve for 2 wins either. He still needs to go no matter how we finish. New blood is needed in every aspect of the coaching staff, aside from Washburn but even then..

I hope people don't forget what we went through, and what we'll most likely go through again if Fisher is still here after this season considering the mess that this offseason will bring.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Im not shocked that he isnt giving VY any credit. Because for him to do that...he would have to look himself in the mirror as to why he didnt make this switch sooner..and he isnt going to do that. Plus he made it clear he how he feels about KC and so forth.

VY took over the EXACT same team KC had for 6 weeks (even with the mulitude of injuries..KC did play with the starting roster) yet he's been able to get 2 wins. Am I saying he's the sole reason? No. But you know what..he's had a heck of a lot to do with it.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He mentions Young:

“Yeah, Vince he was really applying himself the past couple of weeks and it’s paying off. He’s just throwing the ball away when he needs to. That big first down to [TE] Bo (Scaife) on the keeper was a huge play…Doing the right thing and having fun and it’s good to see him have success.”

7. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Is it me or does Fisher look very uncomfortable talking about Vince's performance? As a matter of fact he looks uncomfortable talking about just anything these days.

8. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Does everyone forget that besides being horrendous the defense wasn't healthy and the receivers were dropping 90% of the passes that we're right in their hands. Or if Bironis wouldn't have missed those field goals in the first game or Mouton wouldn't have muffed those two punts that those two games should have been ours. Plus the 21-7 lead we blew against Houston. Kind of hard to keep drives alive and win games when the men paid to catch aren't catching and the defense is bleeding .

I think some of you guys are giving WAY too much credit to VY. I think we would have won the past 2 games with KC or VY. You guys act like we could never win a game ever because KC is that bad and VY is much better. Who took us 10-0 and 13-3 last year? Mr. Wonderful was pouting on the bench if I remember correctly and I KNOW we wouldn't have done that last year with VY in there last year.

9. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Who nearly took you to playoffs in '06 after an 0-4 start by Kerry Collins? You know, that year where the defense was really quite bad. Weird how you expect the same team with Collins that managed to score all of 10 points when it mattered against Jacksonville to beat them later in the year. The team as a whole deserves a lot of credit, but so does VY. I don't know why you can't see that. Hell, I don't understand how can be so absurdly against a QB with 20-11 career record filled with multiple 4th quarter comebacks.

10. amy

amy Starter

I was thinking the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar