Titans @ 49ers Postgame Quotes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I agree.

2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

A lot of guys have decent win/loss records but can't produce when it counts. Tony Romo has a 27-12 win/loss record but can't do anything once Dec. and Jan. rolls around. Kyle Orton has a great W/L record but not too many people consider him a very good a QB either. Some guys crack when the stress levels start to rise and when it matters most. I think VY is going to be one of those guys. He's proven he's a quitter and look at the fiasco last year with him missing his MRI appt. and everyone fearing he might do harm to himself (even his own mother who should know him best). That just doesn't sound like the kind of "leader" that you can count on when going get's tough and not the kind of QB I'd like to see leading my team. I don't think we could or will ever win a SB with VY at the helm and since that's the ultimate goal I say why waste valuable time when he can't get you there.

As far as his first year I think he caught defenses a little off guard at first with his legs but once they realized that he couldn't read a defense and if his first read was covered he'd just tuck the ball and run (which is what he's done the last two weeks). Plus other teams were able to gather some tape on him and once they figured out how easy it was to rattle his cage the real Vince showed up, Mr. Pick Master himself.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Vince has yet to start in 2 full seasons and has only played in one playoff game in his career. Obviously it's a little too early to imply that he can't win in the playoffs. Try again. :ha:

I just love how the haters can't let this go. Vince is 26 years old. Yeah he's made some mistakes and probably taken things for granted at times. But by all appearances lately he seems to have done a heck of a lot of maturing. Every hear of second chances? They've worked out very well for quite a few players in the past.
    Oh and as for the whole "suicide" thing, no one really knows what the facts are on that so to keep harping on it is useless. A lot of the things I've seen/read leads me to believe that his mother kinda freaked out and blew everything out of proportion. Like I said, who knows what was really going on though. But for me it's not too difficult to buy the worried mom freaking out scenario.

Well you're entitled to your opinion but I don't see how you can be so sure. Yeah you can bring up his turnovers from 07, or how he "quit on his team" but VY looks to be a new man this season. And he needs to be judged by who he is now, not who he was in years past. So again, it's still way too early to make such claims based on anything other than emotion.

4. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

I guess Fish didn´t like being told to sart Vince, and even less that it´s working out without being his initiative. Well, he was being too stubborn about KC and sometimes a change is necessary whether you beleive in it or not.

5. eric

eric Camp Fodder

"Kyle Orton has a great W/L record but not too many people consider him a very good a QB either"

Ya, because with Lovie, the Chicago defense, and Matt Forte, who couldn't put up a winning record with the Bears? Oh wait...

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Geez, this post is a lot about the past. I'll just say as far as the past goes, Vince showed himself a capable leader on the next level down by leading his team to the Rose Bowl one year and a National Championship the next. I think the problem was he was still a boy who came to play with men in 2006. He caught some by surprise, but didn't mature as teams figured him out.

Now he's showing signs of maturity. If playing within himself as he matures continues, he's going to become a decent dual-threat QB, and the past tape isn't going to matter a whole lot. He struggled with one dimension back then and had no playmakers.

Now go take a look at the list of starting QBs in the league and tell me exactly how many you think are going to win a Super Bowl. It can't be a huge list, and so I think right now Vince Young has as good a chance as the majority of those people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar