1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Titans agree to terms with DL Ropati Pitoitua

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Mar 25, 2013.

1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I'd love Tank Carradine in the 2nd, but he's going to be a 1st rounder... watch. Min (25), Den (28), or Atl (30) will gobble him up and he's a potential D'Roy, only slipped due to a torn ACL. He'll be a force when (if) healthy.
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Do you guys think Webster calling him a DE might be a hint that we might show some 3-4 looks? Maybe they're targeting someone like Jarvis Jones as a rush LB and will give 3-4 looks on passing downs.

Just thinking out loud.
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

If we go 3-4, we already have our OLBs in Ayers & Wimbley. I doubt we'd use a 1st on another OLB when we'd have two starters already.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Ok.. he was born in samoa.. assumed he was samoan. I think if you're born in a different country, it's safe to call someone that nationality. Nobody's offended by that, ever.

Mike Myers is from Canada, but lives in America. is he canadian or american?

Answer: Who cares.
  5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I could see us using some 3-4 looks, but I would not expect a full on scheme change. Foku could also probably play well in 3-4 looks.
  6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'd say a DROY coming off an ACL is highly unlikely. Next year he should be full speed and could be a steal but this season is a recover and knock the rust off type year. Although crazier things have happened lately pertaining to ACL injuries but AP is an anomaly.
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Whatever the reason it is obvious they wanted to get bigger on the D-line and certainly succeeded.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Its setting up nicely to grab an edge rusher with all the added bulk on the inside. I'd love Ansah but I think were going to grab Mingo.
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tank Carridine was a beast with 11 sacks before he got hurt and he is a full sized 4-3 DE at 276 lbs.

As for the 3-4---4-3 argument it doesn't matter as much when teams have to play nickel or dime more than 50% of snaps and even most 3-4 teams use the 4 man front and a 4-2-5 type nickel.

Unless the plan is to use more 3-3-5 nickel packages but you still have to be able to rush the passer.
  10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Other than size, these guys are nothing alike. If you look at pressures and run stop percentages, you see they are polar opposites. Hill is more of a pass rusher, and Pitoitua is a run stopper. Of course, that could have a lot to do with the systems they have played in.