Titans agree to terms with Gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FLTitansfan, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

why would we pick up this guy and not keep calico or bring back calico, whats the difference?

2. Because we cut Calico for a reason...

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

calico had injury problems

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Just what we need another WR who drops too many balls...sounds a lot like someone we just lost to FA. :yes:

Negatives: Lacks top foot speed, lateral agility and burst to escape the press … Does not have the long acceleration to be considered game-breaking material, as he does not separate quickly … Needs to concentrate on tracking the ball in better (too many drops) :irked:

Taken from:
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/gage_justin

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I cant believe how many ppl hate on Grossman, I mean really, thatwas his 1st season ever as a starter, and they went to the SB, you cant even blame the SB loss on him, I mean think about it, the D wasnt great and they would pass on 2nd and 1, think about it, bad play calling

On his season overall, he wasnt that bad, he was inconsistent, yes, but for all the bad games he had, he had a good game too

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

the D wasnt doing well because every 4 and out they had to get back on the field, grossman doesnt know how to manage a game or even get a first down and let his Defense rest a little.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He has catch problems too. He dropped at least 3 TDs that I can recall.

8. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

just doing some reading up on NFL.com on Mr.Gage....I like some things i saw,but then i noticed a huge dropoff when "sexy rexy" became the starting QB...Less catches,TDs,YPC,1st downs,etc....

I like what I saw out of him his rookie through 3rd year i believe.I think he had a 20 yard average his rookie year with about 14 1st downs,and he only had 17 catches but he still managed 350 yards....which he also had 7 catches of 20-40 yard receptions and one that went for more than 40...pulled in 2 TD's that season....and in his 3rd season he was "back at it again" going for 2 td's about 350 yards with 4 recps of 20-40 yrads...

To me this guy has good potential and could really "breakout" and he is very tall and big,but also has good speed...VY will really like throwing to a big WR who actually tries instead of Bennett....

Plus i saw some vids on Gage,and he has good run blocking skills and hangs on to tough balls and has good concentration.....unlike you named it...Mr.Drew Bennett.....I think this is a good signing with alot of potential....more upside than downside...and its not like we hurt ourselves with this signing....I mean he wont break our bank or our team if he doesnt work...and a added plus...he's a good ST player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar