Titans agree to terms with OT Michael Oher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

More details on the contract per Kuharsky:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm more worried about our interior line because they sucked last year. Not blaming them yet.

If anyone is already laying the blame it would be you - hating on Oher before he even suits up for us.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Rudad

Rudad Starter

And people talk about Oher and his contract , it can be a one year 6 million . 4 mil signing bonus and 2 mil salary for this year. Next year 3.35 is guaranteed if there is an injury. Not a bad deal.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Pretty reasonable contract to me. I wonder if location is a factor for Oher. Maybe he could have got a better deal elsewhere but wanted to come home to Tennessee.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I really don't get all the complaints about it. It seems to mostly be a bunch of "B-b-b-but his PFF grade!!!" It doesn't seem like too bad of a deal for a starting OT to me. Would he have signed for less money? Possibly. But maybe they just really see something in him and didn't want to insult him with a lowball offer. Sometimes it's good to make a guy feel wanted.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I wonder if some people do not realize how much salaries and the cap have increased in the last 15 years.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Regardless of the actual dollar value, I don't see how anyone can really complain about the structure of the deal. If he sucks (and stays healthy) then we cut him after the season and all we did was overpay him for a single year with no penalty moving forward. And on the flip side if his performance lives up to or even surpasses the deal, well then great.

9. Rudad

Rudad Starter

His actual cap hit for this year is the 2 mil salary and 1 mil of the signing bonus for hit of 3.0 million. Not bad.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats actually perfect. I said Id give him $3.5M/yr, good to see we're paying less than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar