Titans agree to terms with OT Michael Oher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I don't hate the guy. I'm just not going to shower him with praise when he hasn't earned it, and he hasn't. I don't have my hopes too high, but I hope he at least becomes serviceable here.

And while I hope he plays well for us, but I'm not going to perform these mental gymnastics to try to convince everyone (including myself) that he has played better than he has just because he is a Titan now, and he is supposed to have a high ceiling. The stats aren't there. The film isn't there. He played terrible.

FYI, our interior line played much better once we got rid of Rob "Turnstile" Turner.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If you have access to NFL rewind, take some time to watch the guy play. It doesn't take many mental gymnastics to see he's not as bad as he's been portrayed. I turned on the tape expecting to watch some terrible tackle play and have been pleasantly surprised. I obviously don't expect you to take my word on it, but watching him play might put you a bit more at ease about the signing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Great analysis.

I guess you trust a bunch of British nerds to evaluate football players.

I'm not convincing myself that Oher is better than PFF suggests. He is far better than they suggest (through eight games). Fact.

I'm not getting overly excited. I just wanted to prove to myself that PFF was wrong, and so far they are as wrong as I expected.

He's an average tackle for an average price. People seem to think he's the worst tackle in the league and is overpaid just because of what PFF says about him and what others (who use PFF as their ammo) say about him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's making $3M this year, can't complain about that

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I do have NFL Rewind. I'm re-watching his games as well. Looks like PFF as well as every other analyst has called it accurately. You guys are just talking yourselves into it.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Outside of a couple Titans fans, who else is elevating Oher to "average"?

7. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Has to be better than a hurt Stewart who never practiced. Stewart contract over 6 million . Oher contract 3.0 million. And we can draft a OT this year because of the way contract is done and be ok even if we cut him at end of year. Relax guys.

8. JCBRAVE

he is average, thats an accurate assessment.

not terrible, not great, about right in the middle.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I like the deal...The figures basically make it a 2 for 1 deal if they draft another....Win win...Stewart is gone, we got better, and now they can draft another T as well. If Oher pans out, they didn't overpay AND the drafted Tackle can replace ROOS if needed in a few.

10. JCBRAVE

The major difference in Oher vs Stewart is one still has the tools to play, the other doesn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar