Titans agree to terms with Pollard

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Absolutely love it. Our defense was soft as can be last year and I can't recall one nice blow up hit. Offensive players loved playing us as there was no defender they feared. FO recognized that and brought in a guy that is going to blow people up and put rb's heads on a swivel. GREAT MOVE! Now just cut Griffin and draft a FS :)

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Took a second to catch it

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

LMAO HIS TWITTER IS @CRUSHBOY31 So awesome and just what we needed!!!!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Manti Te'o will love being a Titan now

http://deadspin.com/5979216/terrifyingly-mean-ravens-safety-bernard-pollard-refuses-to-wear-pants

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

So the Titans have acquired their new "Secure Helmet Inspector"...

6. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans agreed to terms on Thursday morning on a one-year deal with former Ravens safety Bernard Pollard.

Pollard led the Ravens with 98 tackles in 2012 while also recording two sacks, and one interception. He missed three games, and said he played the majority of the season with six cracked ribs.

Pollard had been contemplating the offer since meeting with the Titans last week at Baptist Sports Park. He informed team officials of his decision on Thursday morning.

With the Titans, he could start opposite free safety Michael Griffin. The Titans also signed former Bills safety George Wilson earlier this offseason. Both players will fill a role in Jerry Gray’s defense

Pollard (6-1, 228) is a strong safety known for his physical style of play.

The Ravens released Pollard last week.

In his career, Pollard has 584 tackles, nine sacks, nine interceptions and 13 forced fumbles.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

7. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

i don't think he is necessarily taking the "starting spot" from G. Wilson. WE HAVE NO SAFTEY DEPTH. This adds that and will allow us to be flexible against a team like Houston/Jax who likes to run the ball i.e. insert pollard or a team like Indy who might be more prone to throwing, in which case a George Wilson might be better suited.

Also if we are going to use this 3 saftey package - i would be petrified of having Griffin-Wilson-Rojo/Martin there...AH! just keep the damn LB's on the field.

That being said I'm glad to see that the FO is making moves in-line with ThorChaks methodology of becoming a "tougher" team.

This guy is one fearless dude. We need to be a SCARY D again. Does Griffin scare you? no but if you send pollard on a blitz the QB will be scared and potentially make a bad throw in which we can utilize Griffins skill set of playing 'center field'

8. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Greg Williams + Bernard Pollard + Goodell's New Pussicifcation Laws = Something Epic

[​IMG]

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Titans vs. Texans is going to be fun this year.... a couple of former Ratbirds going at each other.

Love the "tude" that this will bring the Defense. He will bring the lumber and get players and fans excited.

*I suspect he only signed a one year deal because of speculation Goodell is planning to change the NFL to the NFFL (National Flag Football League) by 2014, so players like Pollard will be of no use. Griffin, however, will return to his probowl form.

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Competition brings the best out of players. I'm ready for camp to begin !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar