Titans Agree to Terms with S Scott

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Hooray! Fuller/Lowry is one of my favoritest players! Seriously though I'd love it if the youngens got A chance.

2. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

I may be the only one here, but I like the signing. The Titans have added players through the years that have done great without being big name pick-ups. (Hope, Schulters, Vanden Bosch) I dont see this any differently. Scott can obviously play the position and if not, Fuller/Lowery will be around. Now we just need a DE, RB, and draft a reciever and our team is gonna be tough.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

for the person who asked me where scott is on madden. if u have next gen madden hes on the saints , Strong Safety , 2nd guy down.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Hope and Shulters were not big pickups? Hope was coming off of a SB and Shulters was a season out of making the Pro-Bowl.

Lets Hope he is another KVB.

5. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

deeluxx3,

I used your helpful site www.nfl.com and I discovered that the Saints were the 3rd best Pass defense in the entire NFL in yards allowed last year. Thank you for your helpful resource and insight.

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Im glad we signed Scott... Im completely happy with this off-season and the player's we've signed. I would have like to get Stokely or Curtis, but you can't get everyone. On paper, I'd grade it a A- so far in signings.

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Yeah, FS for the Bengals in 06. Too bad he hasnt played a down for the Saints in his career yet.

So, I guess you couldnt.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Huh? What?

Hope plays on the right that is where the FS plays. Same side played by schulters and robertson in the past and that's hope's role. LT plays on our left side, the offense's right side where they normally line up with a TE. That's why they call it strong.. We had this idea about hybrid safeties that don't flip when the TE lines up on the other side and that's fine but we need a safety that comes up and makes physical plays at the line of scrimmage from the left side.

I looked at a 3 year old depth chart for the steelers and they had hope at FS that same right side. Hope is a free safety!

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

So all of a sudden rankings mean everything and tell the whole story about a defense? We had the 32nd overall ranked defense last year...did we have the worst defense? No, we did not.

But, if we are going to play the rankings game...NO had the 23rd ranked rushing defense. This tells me that teams did not need to pass on them. Therefore, their secondary stats are higher compared to other teams.

Take Oakland for example. Their pass defense was ranked very, very high last year. Sure they have Nnamdi Asomugha, but he is the only real playmaker in that secondary, so the only reason that they are ranked so high is that teams run on them so much, that their passing statistics are deflated.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Actually, if you bothered to actually watch any games last year, Oakland had a surprisingly good pass defense. In fact, despite the stats you spout on run-defense (funny how you're argueing the fasade of using stats to mask reality) was not that bad. Oakland was a bad team because their offense was pretty much non-productive. But that's another story.

NO did not have a top 5 defense last year, production wise. But they had a pretty damn good one, I'd say a top 10 defense in effectiveness. But, Scott didn't play much in that defense, and I'd say the concensus is that he wasn't a good fit.

All in all, what was wrong with this signing? Scott is above decent in talent, has great size for a FS (assuming he even stays there on the depth chart), and only gives indication that LT will not be starting next season. I truly beleave that Lowry or Fuller are our future answers at safety, that we don't NEED to draft one high or have to pay a lot of money for one in FA. This was a cheap signing for an adaquete starter/good backup type player. That's it from what I can tell. So what's so wrong with that?

BTW, that wasn't a typo you had. It's fairly obvious that you made a wrong statement and then covered it up with "I typed Atlanta instead of New Orleans." Right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar