Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans agree to terms with Shonn Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 13, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,675
    i honestly would of rolled with a runningback in the late 3rd or later back rather than paying so much to a back up
  2. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $402
    We might have overpaid some, but I don't think its a big deal. We need to get quality guys in here. If paying a little extra is what it takes, then fine. We sure as heck won't get better waiting for 2 weeks and signing the leftovers like we usually do.
  3. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $8,075
    i agree with the idea that we missed twice on that strategy with ringer and harper.. no more chances taken there, this 100% fills the need..
    Obie09, Alex1939 and GoT high five this.
  4. PhillyTitan1 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $140
    S Jack could of got more but he wanted to go to a team who will win it all...he took less...on any team with money say miami clev im sure they woulda pay 5.5 mill a year if not 6.5 for a 30 year old rb...He kno's hes got a couple good years left and went wher i and lots of peeps thought he would...and wont have to carry the full load they'll have Jacquizz lightin his load by comin in on 3rd down...4 mill a year for a guy who once he stopped splittin carries and got his 1000 twice on a horrible team and is still under 30 is not really over payin now if he got 5 or 5.5 to be a backup and split time then yea but .5 mill is not over payin realax....if CJ gets hurt for a couple weeks ur gonna b happy u over payed .5 mill...over analyzin peeps relax ;)
  5. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,675
    you cant tell me that you wouldnt rather have a cheaper option that is younger too if it is just to spell cj

examples: mike gillislee, cierre wood, bell, taylor, ball christine michael, stefphon jefferson, either of the 2 lsu backs

jefferson is a guy to look for in the late 5th or later 2nd in fbs in rushing and not alot of wear and tear on him
  6. MrBean Master of Not Much

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $451
    I don't care if they are cheaper. If you think Green is only going to "spell" CJ, I would wager you are wrong. I have a feeling we may see double HB sets with both on the field.

And paying a bit more for someone who has proven AT THIS LEVEL, that he can convert where CJ can't, is more than worth it.
    Obie09 and GoT high five this.
  7. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,669
    I think the difference comes down to pass protection on third down. Simple stuff like that can be easily overlooked. Most rookies coming in are horrible at pass pro. Greene allows instant ability to use either back at any time. A rookie is much more of a liability.

While that SEEMS minor, it's really not.
    FLA Titans Fan high fives this.
  8. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,822

White, Brown, Ringer, Harper

Yea Ill take the FA rather than try to draft someone in this case :p
    Obie09 high fives this.
  9. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $8,075
    They wouldn't have signed Greene just to "spell" CJ. Greene will be used in many short yardage situations.
  10. LoneStarPhan Starter

Klug
    Moolah:
    $176
    I think Greene will get more use than a normal backup to CJ. I'd like to see two backs some each game and think CJ will be better with not being in for every offensive play. Greene is a fine compliment to CJ. Cost? Sure, paying less would be good but I feel more confident with Greene than trying to find someone in the later rounds of the draft or as an UFA.