Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans agree to terms with Shonn Greene

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 13, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,361
    thought this was funny

Scarecrow high fives this.
  2. MrBean Master of Not Much

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $428
    I read somewhere that he was 11 for 11 on third down and 3 or less last year. Just that right there is worth the damn contract.
    GoT and Jwill1919 high five this.
  3. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    SORRY FOR PARTYING.
    The Playmaker high fives this.
  4. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,969
    I have no problem with this deal. He should help us sustain drives. Welcome aboard Greene!
  5. Danimal Starter

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,020
    I look at it like this; if C.J. doesn't improve over last year, or if this is the year C.J. goes down we actually have a back up plan. Greene may be taking 50% of the snaps by the third game. The good thing is that we have someone who can. Have a seat Mr Luck we are running the ball again.
  6. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,809
    I'm so excited about this season. But I refuse to get my hopes up until I see the team play and the coaches coach.
  7. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,675
    do you guys think we still draft a mid round back to compete in the 4th or later rounds
  8. lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Moolah:
    $1,865
    Mike Clay from Pro Football Focus enlightened us with these stats on Greene in short-yardage situations: With one-to-two yards to go, Greene carried the ball 33 times for 85 yards and seven touchdowns last season, "good "for a 2.57 YPC clip. The NFL average in said situations is 3.1 YPC. Greene is poor in short-yardage situations because he doesn't run to his size.
  9. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,414
    Stop repeating bs and go watch him run.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  10. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,912
    I like the idea of getting a proven power back, but I've generally felt that Greene was effin' terrible.

He's the anti-CJ. He gives up extra yards to try to truck someone.