Titans agree to terms with WR Eric Decker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

We have run formations in 3 WR sets. You're basically telling me Supernaw should see more snaps than Mathews/Decker/Taylor. That's nonsense. We have better weapons now there's no need to limit the offense like we did last year. Our best offense should be Davis(WR1) Mathews(WR2) Decker(slot WR) Walker(TE1) and Murray(RB1). We don't need 2TE sets to establish the run anymore.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

we ran 112 times when 3 WR's took the field,

of course last years 3 WR's were Matthews, Sharpe, and dumb ass Wright so perhaps we run more out of 11 personnel this year.. But it was sparingly called last year..

#172 JCBRAVE, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  3. JCBRAVE

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Young54

Young54 Starter

You keep mentioning Supernaw. When did I say Supernaw? You forget we drafted a TE in same round as Taylor. Even still, as of today he's more proven than Davis and Taylor, although I'm sure that will change soon. But yes, keep Walker and Smith, mix in Amano and Supernaw, throw Fowler in there too. The point is you pave the way with the run and let that open up the pass. If it ain't broke don't "fix" it. Don't be surprised if we pick up a more traditional blocking TE after camp cuts.

What you consider a "limit", I view as leveraging and maximizing our strength. You can argue that coming out whit 4 or 5 WRs limits us more than coming out in 2 or 3 TEs.

5. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Wow. We just wasted so much dollars. This move ruined our cap situation. 2004 all over again.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

o_O

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I was considering Delanie a WR for four wide purposes.

Matthews decker walker and Davis wife. Murray in the backfield.

Other than short yardage, screw 2 and 3 te sets. Why get all these receivers to put them on the bench so the second and third te can play?

I think Marcus is made for the spread. Quick reads and release. Let the receivers get yac. You can do it under center with a back in and still run and be multiple.

If we need two and three te to run the ball, our line isn't as good as we think it is.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

About Three-fitty

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. kenny

kenny Starter

I will be really shocked if Douglas makes the team..... I know Mularkey really likes the guy, but it's hard to see a reason to keep him. He is not a guy who produces or is really good at anything. I know he re-structured to stay, but he is still on a higher contract than he is worth IMO.

10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Supernaw is 2nd on the depth chart right now. That's why I keep bringing him up if you are trying to sell that we should keep running 2TE sets. Yuck.
    Our strength may be a more balanced approach moving forward. Murray isn't our best offensive player. Mariota is. It's about installing an offense that caters to his strengths, not a 29 year old RB. We don't need 3-4 extra blockers at the line of scrimmage to set the run up. That's putting playmakers such as Decker/Mathews/Taylor on the bench in favor of Supernaw, Smith, and Fowler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar