Titans agree to terms with WR Eric Decker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Oh I have no beef with Tajae...just saying A) he just got bumped down the depth chart again B) He had a breakdown over 2 rookies drafted and they now just signed a solid veteran. He's cheap and great as a 3/4 but at this point, he is a 4 at best. Do we trade him while he has value or stash him as depth in case of injuries?..That's barring he doesn't stay injured with his foot and potential legal bs. I thought he did good as a 5th rounder honestly, he was solid given the immediate pressure and shoes he had to fill, but low ceiling kind of guy.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Can't see anyone trading us for Sharpe

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

OMG let's not go down this road again

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I actually like Sharpe but he needs to be put in his rightful place as a good depth WR.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:trophy:

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We need 5 WR's, and Sharpe will be the 5th.

What's the problem?

Do you seriously think we should go into the season with just 4 WRs and 2 of them being rookies?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

No I don't. My point was exactly the same thing you just stated. Good depth as WR5 or whatever but not starting material yet.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Where did I say he was starting material? I was just responding to a poster saying that he needs to be cut.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I keep hearing outside radio sources praise Sharpe on a solid rookie year - I don't understand fully why the majority of this forum threw him to he wolves as soon as that fight thing was rumored/happened - he was tossed aside and casted off pretty fast in here

10. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

So I feel bittersweet about this signing...I'm happy because I like decker game and resume, I'm glad Douglas will be gone and tajae will be pushed further down the depth chart...no more giving prospect 3-4 seasons to get it together....

I don't think he should get the start over Davis and Matthews...but he's not a slot guy...and I really want taylor to be our feature slot guy...just trying to understand his fit....if Matthews somehow goes down then I definitely see him as a starting #2 caliber WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar