Titans agree to terms with WR/RB Dexter McCluster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah.

Unfortunately, if you want a player, and you are the Titans, you have to outbid the other guys.. because right now, nobody is choosing to come here on their own free will, all other things being equal.

Until we have success, it's reasonable to expect to overpay for free agents. Those 4 million dollar free agent RBs, we'd be paying 5 for to get them here.

But 4 million is expensive for a player with McCluster's pedigree. I hope Wisenhunt has some big plans for him. Looks like a madden pickup to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I just can't believe we went offense considering how little money we have to sign defensive difference makers. I know this is a move to prepare for life without CJ but I don't like this contract for what Dexter is.

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Some of you guys blow my mind with whining.

You'll be on here every Sunday complaining about the return game and watching it lose games.

Then we sign 2 good KRS and it's oh we have too many returners...why didnt we just get Hester...Boo hoo. Just be happy you won't have to watch bums like Reynald start the season with a safety anymore.

• High Five High Five x 7
  4. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

cj wont take less carries or money. mcluster , looking at his highlights, has played alot of rb in his career . he is that guy cj will not be. for alot cheaper. he will be that change of pace that extra wr, that spark on punt returns. good signing. and washington strickly kick off returner. wiley vet that makes smart moves. .

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I was happy with Leon. Unless Dex becomes a huge part of our offense it will be tough to justify paying a guy 4.5 mil to return kicks.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The last two years McCluster has over 50 receptions. Not exactly chump change.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

He'll do what CJ can't

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yes. Help us be successful and not break the bank.

9. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Leon is not the RB that CJ is, but he has better hands. I bet he can catch a hitch or screen a whole hell of a lot better than CJ.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Which is about 45 more than Britt...

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar