Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans agree with five undrafted rookies, waive four players

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, May 19, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Pro Football Talk Titans News

[IMG]

Like numerous other teams, the Titans have added a handful of players who tried out this weekend.

The club announced Monday it had reached deals with five undrafted rookies: Miami (Fla.) outside linebacker David Gilbert, Arkansas wide receiver Julian Horton, TCU running back Waymon James, American International offensive lineman Viondy Merisma and South Dakota State cornerback Winston Wright.

The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Wright notched 52 tackles and picked off four passes in 2013, while Merisma (6-2, 294) was Offensive Lineman of the Year in the Northeastern-10 Conference, which is made up of Division II schools.

The Titans also waived four players Monday: cornerback George Baker, fullback Quinn Johnson and linebacker Jamal Merrell and wide receiver Eric Ward (waived/injured).

A fifth-year pro from LSU, Johnson appeared in four games for the Titans last season. He has made 44 regular season appearances, catching 13 passes for 100 yards and rushing four times for five yards.

[IMG]
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,689
    I wonder if Whis just doesn't use a fullback in his system or he thinks there's a better one out there?
  3. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $753
    Quinn johnson is a suprize this early.
  4. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $753
    If there's a better one out there cool, but wait till u land the better one before u dump the one u have. My bet is we don't keep one after seeing this.
  5. TBaker34 Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,702
    We still have Mooney dont we?
    Brew City and Fry high five this.
  6. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,445

Good I hope so. they are useless. Put an extra TE or RB in there instead. Makes the D's life harder and gives us more options.
    615nick high fives this.
  7. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,143
    Quinn Johnson was crap.
    xhrr, RollTide and JCBRAVE high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,817
    Yeah Mooney played well last year.
  8. MrBean Master of Not Much

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $428
    Hello to Stevens new role.
    RollTide high fives this.
  9. WV2SoCalTitan Special Teams Standout

Casey
    Moolah:
    $589
    We still have Mooney, we only resigned Johnson after his injury. This is no big deal, Mooney fits the system better.