Titans all wearing #9 first week of the season????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jedimasterbyrd, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

:suspect::rolleyes:

2. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

look i have been a huge fan of #9 for years but to me when you do theses things it all becomes as though your trying to outdo the other teams with who can memorialize their person the most. there is nothing wrong with a nice jersey or helmet patch. besides i dont think the league is gonna let them do anything more than that i believe its in the by-laws im sure we will do something

3. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i don't think that the titans have out doing any team that has honored their fallen on their minds at all! its just players talking amongest eachother getting ideas . something will be done to honor steve , that is for certain, its just a matter of what, and when.

4. GMITTS

i would be happy with a number 9 painted on the 25 yard lines...and a patch on the jersey. steves memory lives in us...not what the titans do.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

The best thing to do is win a Super Bowl and say this ones for McNair.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

1. It's for one f##king play, SEC. DAMN! :rolleyes: It's not like they're going to do it the whole freakin game.
    2. A football game is not a real war zone. There's no enemy aircraft shooting SAMs at you. Bad analogy.
    And since there is no NFL equlvalent to a missing man formation flyover, this would be the next best thing. Unless of course you just don't have any confidence in our D. I do, that's why I would have no problem with them running ONE play with just 10 men.

Then play a damn cover 3 or something, don't let them get behind you and just let them run it or something. You can do more things on offense than pass, you know?

And if I was that same dead player, I'd be fine with it unless they were stupid about it and got burned (like the Redskins were).

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:ha: I love the way you are willing to argue!

How many times have you ever heard that one play was the game?
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80bc0ff4/WK-7-Can-t-Miss-Play-LenDale-White-TD

We could end up wearing it.

first, it's not an analogy. It's a response to YOUR comparison. Military aircraft fly in war zones. Now you are trying to tell me that the gridiron is not a war zone?

btw, MBSGWB, aircraft never shoot surface to air missiles.

How about an actual missing man fly over before the game? F-22A Raptor fighter jets, courtesy of the U.S. Air Force’s 1st Fighter Wing fly over LP Field every now and then. Why can't they do a missing man formation?

honestly, that sounds like a Madden 10 game tip.

So basically, you are agreeing that it was a stupid thing for the Redskins to do? (but falling short of retarded) :smile:

8. GMITTS

a tip you could have used... :grrhee::wink2::moon2:

9. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

A patch, retired jersey, and titan hof is all that is needed. No reason to overblow this whole thing and he will always be remembered. Oh yea and a super bowl ring.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I knew Steve and I liked him. However, based on the circumstances surrounding his death, the honoring needs to be kept to a minimum. I LOVE Mechelle. She is sweet, loving, classy and a beautiful woman, inside and out. I don't think that she would be comfortable with a lot of over the top memorials for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar