Titans and Bills...two star crossed teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 2, 2006.

?
  1. I bet they will.

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Naw. Ain't gonna happen.

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Titans/Oilers have never won a Super Bowl.
    The Bills have never won a Super Bowl...

Music City Miracles and losing a huge lead...crazy stuff...

Buffalo won four straight conference championships.
    There is something to be said for that.

Never has either team won a Super Bowl.
    They each won an AFL Championship back in the 60's.

Whenever the Titans get back to the AFC Championship wouldn't it be crazy if the Bills were there? What do you think the chances of that are?

And what about close? Close...you know...The Bills have been close too.
    Do you think the Bills will be there whenever we make the playoffs again?

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

How far out are you projecting this?
    If the question is soon, I'd say no, but I would agree that at some point, out into infinity and space football, we might meet them in the post season...

3. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I would sure like to play them. They have great fans, a tradition of winning games. Cold weather. And like you've already elloquently pointed out, we share some history with them.
    But they are a mess right now. I don't seem them in the playoffs before us.
    Maybe Levy can turn things around for them. They hired Jauron right? The D should be good again with him.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Inside 15 years or something...maybe next postseason trip.
    Both the Titans and Bills are toilet ball clubs...they just might be on the same cycle. I just love drama in a matchup. i.e. Denver and Indy in an AFC Championship would have been pretty good. I'll take the Divisional choke hands down though.

5. i love the titans

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would argue that these two teams have probably played the greatest games against each other in the history of the nfl. and it goes beyond the playoff games. They've had some great regular season battles worth noting. some nationally broadcast. Shoot, the miracle almost happened back to back on monday night football the next year.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'll argue that.

It may have been the "greatest finish" in NFL history. But, the game itself wasn't even the greatest game in franchise history.

I'll put Earl's 199 yds on Monday Night against the Dolphins, and Warren Moon's 527 passing game against KC ahead of that game. And, the AFC Championship Game against Jax, and the Super Bowl would also rank ahead of that game because of significant meaning to the franchise.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

True, but I am are talking head to head matchups over a long period of time. As in greatest series of great (tight) games. For example, we've never had another great game against Miami that I ccan remember, or the Rams. By great game I mean close. A real fan delight for both sides to watch. In our series with the Bills we've had 4 or 5 games that would be considered some of the greatest games ever played, even if only because of their finish. I don't know that any two teams could match what Buffalo and Houston have done to each other.

9. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

I'm an Oilers/Titans fan and my dad is a Bills fan. We have had some great playoff games against each other, In '92, I cried, and he smiled, then in '00, I smiled and he cried.

Buffalo is hosting the Titans next season, and we are going to the game to cheer for our teams!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar