Titans and Collins Agree in Principle to Terms

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I assume you're just joking...But you make the point that has all of us confused...No way do I think we're bringing in Collins to be #3...Does Billy stay? if so he drops no lower that # 2

If Vince goes to # 3 he (as was pointed out above ) has to take up an active roster spot to play the way I think thay want him to ( in and out for certain plays)

I'm sooo confused

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

:ha: Honestly... with the way our front office works... don't be suprized if Volek goes. They could have a trade already in the works. Maybe for an OL or DL. Stranger things have happened.

You know, Volek may throw a pretty ball when he has time, but definately not when he is rushed. Collins might be a veteran solution in the short term before Young is ready.

Just a thought. I'm trying to figure it out like the rest of you. I just have a different take on it. So PLEASE to jump on me for Volek bashing or anything...

3. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

it all comes full circle now ...

Now I understand why there was no Billy Volek on any of the season tickets this year ....

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I did not know that... That is interesting...

5. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

This makes me wonder if the coaches and FO even watch the game afterwards to see the problem areas. The attitude that Collins will bring to this team will only degrade the situation. I can see it right now... "LenDale and Pacman double teamed Mr. Collins in the locker room before the game today. Reports state that Mr. Collins made a comment containing a racial slur which resulted in the confrontation." Not to say that Collins would say something like that or that White or Jones would react like that, but I don't think I would particularly like it if someone said something like that to me. This, of course, I am taking from the incident that involved Collins a while back. Someone that is a good athlete (like some claim he is) isn't always a good player. Let's take T.O. for example, who wants to play with a guy who is like that?

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

That is very interesting. Why would you not have your starting QB on at least one of the tickets? I had not noticed that either.

Conspiracy theory alert!!! :suspect:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Isn't that what I posted? :) You said it much better.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

McCormick's report on 104.5 The Zone made it sound like Collins will compete for the #1 spot.

It sounds wide open.

9. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

That really is amazing!!! ( was Collins on any of the tickets :ha: )

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

PFT is reporting that Collins got $1.2 mil for one year, and that they're shopping Volek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar