Titans and Cowboys talking trade for Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

A source confirmed that the Cowboys are discussing a trade with the Tennessee Titans that would grant Pacman Jones his wish of coming to Dallas.

Nothing is imminent. The Cowboys and Titans have discussed a late-round pick as the compensation.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/03/cowboys-titans-talking-pacman-trade.html

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114342&id=3127

OR

PACMAN HEADING TO BIG D?
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 20, 2008, 7:06 p.m.
    Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says he wants his off-season moves to make people say “wow.”

He may be close to a trade that would do just that.

Citing unnamed NFL sources, Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the Cowboys are attempting to acquire suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, and that trade talks between the teams are intensifying to the point that one person close to the talks predicts a deal could be completed in the next week.

As compensation for Pacman, Dallas would send the Titans a mid-round draft pick, Schefter reports.

Jones is certainly talented enough that if he could get on the field, stay on the field and stay out of trouble, he’d be worth a mid-round pick. But can Jones do those things? That’s the big question. Jones is suspended and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will determine his status for 2008 before training camps open. Although a player can be traded while he’s suspended, the Cowboys would presumably want to trade for Jones only if they think there’s a good chance he’ll be permitted to play in 2008.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

late round pick my :moon:

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we'll regret it.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

if we trade pacman for a late pick, i may go to nashville and kick mr's ***. no joke.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I might take a "mid" rounder and swap places to their 22

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I liked the last trade rumour including DeMarcus Ware.

7. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

i could live with a 4th....would like a 3rd...(doubt it) Possibly a 5th that can upgrade to a 3rd based on performance and snaps played....good idea?

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

swap places in the 1st and a 4th would do just fine

unless,as was mentioned in another thread, the Raiders decide to join the fray. then I would consider nothing less than a 1st for Pac :))

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

nope
    considering he won't play enough to trigger it :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar