Titans and Haynesworth Fail to Reach Long-term Deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Three: We franchise him again next year.

Unless I'm wrong, we didn't agree to any clause that says we can't do that.

2. To get Albert to sign, we may still have to agree to that. So far he hasn't signed anything yet.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Seems to me like a win for the Titans honestly. Albert seems to gain very little. We'll see how this plays out. If he has another good season the Titans will poney up. If he doesn't, we can afford to let him go, or sign him cheaper than expected. If he has a great season and we cannot afford him, then it is probably a good financial decision to let him go at that kind of cost. He's already highest paid. I really don't want to lose one of our best players, but I do not feel he is irreplaceable either if he wants too much money.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Bummer.....I saw it coming though.

Big Al doesn't get signed long-term comes in lights it up this year and goes off and signs a huge contract with someone else.

Antonio Johnson better be as good as he's being hyped because he's going to be the one to replace him.

Finny and Bironas should be the next to get signed.

5. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Too bad we couldn't sign him. History shows from our own and other teams experience that Big Al will be long gone after next season. Reinfeldt hasn't shown me anything that would lead me to believe he would negotiate much for this guy. I am guessing if the Titans don't already know that whether they like it or not without this tub of lard in the middle of their D-they are screwed longterm on D, then they never will. I mean let's say he has ANOTHER huge season I would wage that motivation won't be to show theTitans front office how valuable he is but to show the likely teams interested in him come next years offseason. We had our chance now we will have to dedicate a first rounder next year to a DT oh **** wait a minute that was saved for the huge hole in CB position;}

6. Good I'm glad they didn't sign him...we could use the money on a player who will actually do something

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Who will actually do something? Haynesworth was arguably the most disruptive, effective player on our team last season. Who in the world would you rather use the money on?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

In the league.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The main focus needs to be bironas and finny and i'm already thinking of life without albert. If we can franchise him again next year who really cares? We got him for 2 more years anyway and that gives us time to draft and develop a couple of players at that position. Let's see what jones has got and this johnson kid. We can likely sign bironas and finny both for less than what it costs to sign albert.

I knew we had no chance after harris signed that $10M deal. Haynesworth is not worth $10M, no player on this team is worth that right now..

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think we'll see AH in training camp until just before the final preseason game regardless if they work out a deal. I don't see the Titans totally giving up their rights to franchise him again next year unless they agree to some serious clauses like AH playing a high percentage of snaps, becoming an All-Pro, etc.

Both sides have kept things very low-key compared to what I expected back in March. But I wonder if it won't now become a distraction as training camp wears on and AH isn't around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar