Titans and Johnson Agree to Terms

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm pretty sure that you're the only one worried about Johnson blowing up. Knowing that we'll all clown on you for the rest of our times here.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Seriously, I was really mad when Henry got away. The only thing I can think of that he has done wrong was drafting Chris Henry. That shows he is doing a pretty good job. I really like our pickups the offseason as well. CJ was not my favorite pick in the world, but I see the logic in it.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't remember overwehlming criticism for not keeping bennett and wade. The most criticism is that we didn't spend on any top FA WRs to replace them.

Wade might have only cost us $2.5M a year and publically said he liked playing here with vince. He had a 600 yard season with the vikes so letting him slip away wasn't necessarily a good move.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I can't like someone who drafts a RB 3 years in a row with 1 first round, and 2 second round picks. We could have had Jones-Drew over White.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Crash, yep especially when there were other options in free agency or trade.

Here we have a mid 2nd rd pick in henry in just his 2nd camp and he isn't even given a shot at having a role on this team? We are giving up on him already and just handing 15-20 touches to a guy who hasn't been in pads yet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Only $2.5? That is how much we pay Gage, and he put a 700 yard season with us. That is not a bargin at all. And who do you want us to sign to replace them? It's not like we are passing up great WRs.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

A couple of thoughts on MR and the CJ pick...

Just curious, how much slack should we as fans give MR for last year's draft? He was after all only hired during 06-07 offseason (February 07 I believe). At the time of Floyd's turfing didn't the Titans also axe Al Smith and much of the scouting staff? I would think due to this Reinfeldt might have allowed a little more input from Fish and his staff than he normally would (I've read that Chris Henry was a fave of then RB coach Sherman Smith). Given the amount of criticism MR rec'd for his 07 picks, the fact he only had 2 months to prepare for the draft doesn't seem to get brought up too often. Is it a bogus excuse?

After looking at Henry for a year, perhaps the Titans realized their mistake. Rather than not addressing it, and simply hoping for improvement in the second year player the Titans decided to be proactive and invest another pick in the position. I'm not saying this is the case, but if it was, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

8. It's too early to grade a draft class after 1 year. We'll know better in another year or 2.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really liked Bobby Wade and he played great for the Titans. If he played well with a rookie QB in VY how would he do in this offense? We could've kept him and paid him cheaper than most starting WR's. Having him, Gage, and J-Mac that would be pretty cool top 3.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think this one counts.

If an average fan had knowledge that Travis Henry had to borrow money from the franchise for his 8 illegitimate children, and had reasonable suspicion of drug use that would result in suspension, I doubt any of us would've wanted to keep him around.

I think it's likely the organization knew both, obviously knew about borrowing $$$.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar