Titans Are The First Big Winners Of The Draft......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jwhite0303, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwhite0303

jwhite0303 Starter

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tennessee-titans-first-big-winners-205759906.html

Now that Winston has officially released a statement that he'll enter the draft, the Titans are now in a position to make things happen. The question is, what will that be. Tampa Bay will almost assuredly be taking a QB with the first pick. Will it be Mariota, or will it be Winston????

I personally don't think we'll draft a QB at #2, however, we need to make other teams think that we very well could. So, who do you think might offer the Titans a trade to move up? I think it'll be either the Jets or Washington.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ill just leave this here

teamswecouldtradewith.jpg

No need to point out Houston is mentioned, but they do need a QB.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

going to have to draft a QB and risk a team wanting the QB we draft to get ANYBODY interested in trading with the Titans. Nobody believes we are going to go QB with #2.

4. JCBRAVE

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Desperation and panic cause a lot of people to change their minds...(Whiz/Webster)...This Franchise is in SERIOUS need of life and change for the better. I am not saying they will, but don't think for a second that they won't fall in love with either Winston or Mariota before draft time. Mett is a steal even as a backup as a 6th round draft pick. Lately, my gut is leaning towards a QB. Especially with Locker leaving, Mett getting injured late, and CBJ sucking as always. Houston is not trading with us, I believe it would be the Jets if anyone. Houston doesn't have the fire power, and they are a division rival. Not happening.

6. JCBRAVE

If you go back and take Mettenbergers pre-draft profile and hold it up to Mariota and Winstons he's right there with them in the QBing stuff. Obviously he cant run like Super Mariota and Famous Jameis but throwing-wise he's in their company.

And with Whisenhunt favoring pocket QB-play I just dont see us taking another running QB.

But we need to deny all of that and make it seem like we are looking at QB's if we want to sell the No.2 pick, as I and many others believe we should.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

The incredible hulk would get injured behind our OL.
    Screenshot_2015-01-09-10-13-22-1.png
    Mett well be fine.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

The incredible hulk would get injured behind our OL.
    View attachment 6191
    Mett well be fine.

#8 GOFIGURETITANS, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do you really risk doing that versus taking the Dlineman from USC? What if we take Winston and the offers after we take him are not up to standard trade value for the position?

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think the Eagles have to be in play if Mariota is still available

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar