Titans are the only team in the NFL with no offensive threat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree. Daniels seems to be an under-rated TE as well.

I'd even put your leading WR (not Johnson, the one leading in catches at the moment) in there as well. Can't remember his name.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's a double edged sword
    and I believe that it's a little of both

you can have good talent and still underachieve with poor coaching ... and good coaching can make average players play above their potential

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I believe its a lack of play makers. Little talent at WR. come on Gage? Its great he is coming on but its Justin freaking Gage. Imagine what we could do with a real WR or two. Also Lendale is not gonna be breaking off big plays anytime soon. Maybe Chris Henry can be that guy but we won't know that until next season.

4. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I think this coaching staff has been able to use the "no talent" pass one too many times by now. The players have changed, came, went, got switched around, but the coaches have remained. They refuse to even entertain the notion of changing their schemes in any way. Like they have THE dominant system and it's the players fault they aren't in the SB every year for not executing that perfect system. It's not like we have a team full of scrubs either. The only thing that happened is that after years of suckage and when our poor coaching staff was just about to be sent packing for it, a few players had the drive to win, would not be refused, and overcame the coaching for the last half of the season last year and saved all of their @$$E$!

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If we had one legitimate deep WR threat (even if it's someone in his prime who had a lot of success with a previous team), it would improve our offense in every phase.

Defense's would have to choose if they were going to "spy" on Vince, or double the WR. Having defense's more aware of the go-to WR, might open up more holes for the running game as well, certainly should for Vince himself.

We don't seem to be able to develop one, so maybe it's time to trade our picks for a legit WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar