Titans avoided safety, got an extra down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 76Gibson, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 76Gibson

76Gibson Guest

From PFT FWIW

TITANS AVOIDED SAFETY, GOT AN EXTRA DOWN

...just sayin'

2. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

That is such b.s... McAulay corrected himself immediately by pointing and nodding to Fisher, Fisher is shown mouthing "during the play" and shaking his head in approval... the foul was during the play. That was the same play that Ed Reed had Johnson on the ground and bending him backwards.. that should've been a foul offsetting the two. The PFT Raven fan needs to quit combing through tivo and looking for something that justifies the horrible delay of game call.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The mistake when CJ was being bent back was not blowing the whistle soon enough. Any idiot could see his forward progress had stopped.

4. 76Gibson

76Gibson Guest

You are correct about the xtra 1st down (still not sold about the safety), PFT updated the posting. I will say that Deirdorf and the CBS crew was terrible.

I agree, you can't fault the Ravens for playing to the whistle. I think Ed was mainly trying to get the ball out. That one is on the ref. I even think the PF on that was caused by the ref's late whistle as I am sure the offenders internal clock, like everyone elses, had went off that the play was over.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

The ball landed outside the end zone before Johnson's knee touched the ground and that's what counts. There's a reason why the Ravens didn't challenge the play.

You guys are trying too hard. Isn't it time for you to start trolling the Steelers board?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 76Gibson

76Gibson Guest

Do you really think my posts are trolling? Sheesh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar