Rumor Titans Believe 4-8 Weeks for Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TouchdownTitans, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

There's a reason this type of injury is so rare! B/c it is extremely hard for it to happen. The fact that it is so hard for it happen shows that he is fragile. I'm not questioning his toughness but the fact of the matter is that he is very fragile.

2. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Well, when someone doesn't move their lower body at all - I always think some sort of neck/spinal injury, don't you?

After I heard it explained on the radio - it made sense why he didn't move. With the amount he has been injured he probably knows what to do and what not to do.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

How many times are you going to repeat this? Your posts are literally the same thing just worded differently.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Dude he didn't move because it hurt, it is the bodies own protective mechanism when injured. Instincts, nothing else. You don't see guys who break their arm start waving it around they pull it close to their body and immobilize it themselves as best they can.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Honestly, I could see this:

v KC - WIN
    @ SEA - LOSS
    v SF - LOSS
    *BYE*
    @ STL - WIN
    v JAX - WIN
    v INDY - WIN (LOCKER RETURNS HERE)
    @ OAK - WIN
    @ INDY - LOSS
    @ DEN - LOSS
    v ARZ - WIN
    @ JAX - WIN
    v HOU - WIN

11-5. Holy cow, is that still possible. KC is good, but they're not great. They haven't played any great teams - they're beatable, even with Fitzmagic. Sea & SF are likely losses. St. Louis has been a dissapointment this year, but we can't sleep on them - hopefully after a bye and 2 losses we'll be fired up. We then follow up by destroying Jacksonville. Locker then returns after sitting for 7 weeks to play Colts in PRIMETIME. Follow up by destroying Oakland - but losing back-to-back games vs ex-Peytons team and then new Peytons team, both away. Titans then follow up with 3 straight wins w/ Week 17 being for the AFC South Title.

Hey, it's possible!

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

That is most certainly not reaching. It is 100% correct. Bo Jackson may have, and likely did cause further structural damage by standing up and taking 2 steps after it popped back in. I have worked in a hospital around medical imaging/surgeries of all types for 11 years.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Anyone who says Locker isn't fragile is just being a homer. The fact of the matter is: Jake Locker is always hurt. It's not questioning his toughness, it's simply the truth. Dude hasn't been healthy since high school.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Have you ever cut yourself and you knew it was bad so you didn't move cus it hurt like a *****.... That's what happened it hurt like a ***** and Jake was like Screw this I'm not moving

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

What do you think the injury is if you had to speculate?

10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

The next 3 games are all most likely losses even with Locker
    Being realistic (maybe that KC game at home could have been a coin flip) plus a bye week still so even if Locker misses minimum it isnt that bad. Get him some rest and will see. If this injury leaks past 4 weeks then I will seriously be bummed out. Heres praying for 4 weeks only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar