Titans believe three should go to Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I bet Casey will be the only one who makes it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Well, dont 4 WRs make the team? Can you name who would get the vote at WR in the AFC? AND not be on the Super Bowl team. If the Broncos go, that takes out 3 possible options in Thomas, Welker & Decker. SO who would be left? The Players in Bold are who I think will definitely make the Pro Bowl. The rest of players who might make it based on their team success or their past success as some guys get voted just because of who they are

List of Possible AFC WR (if Broncos in SB):
    AJ Green - Clearly he will go if the Bengals dont make it to Super Bowl, household name already in NFL, will probably go every year of his career like Megatron for NFC

Josh Gordan - Another clear choice to make the Pro Bowl, had 2nd most yards for WR in the league and missed 2 games, plus he played on the Browns

Antonio Brown - Another guy who had a breakout year like Gordan, with how well he played and how popular the Steelers are, I can easily see him going

Andre Johnson - Dont see it this year with how terrible the Texans were, plus AJ sucked alot most the season. Not all his fault with his terrible random QB play

TY Hilton - He had a great opportunity to be a top WR for the entire league when Wayne went down, but besides one amazing MNF game, no way I see him going over Wright

Torry Smith - Another player who should have blown up this season as the top Ravens WR but he never had huge games of production like last year. I would say Wright played better but could see Smith going only because he played for the defending Super Bowl team

Danny Amendola & Julius Edelman - If both these Pats WRs were one player the entire season, their stats would warrant a Pro Bowl, but both had many weeks with ZERO producation. I could see Edelman going purely from his late season success and because he plays with Brady but I dont believe either played better than Wright the entire season

Mike Wallace - Only way he makes it is if a bunch of other WRs get hurt and dont want to go

Keenan Allen - I could see him getting picked from his production since taking over as the Chargers #1 WR. Plus he is a rookie, so he gets a bonus look at him having no previous experience. He is also a high candidate for Rookie of the Year. In the past, the ROY has gone to Pro Bowl. If Green or Gordan doesnt go I can easily see him taking their spots

Dwayne Bowe - He played just ok this season, nothing I would call as Pro Bowl season like in '10. I think Wright played WAY better and more consistently

After that list of WRs, I don't see any WRs from the Jags, Bills, Jets, or Raiders even coming close being selected. So after you look at the other options and the fact that the Titans have been shutout of having ANY Pro Bowl players the past 2 seasons, I think Wright has a really good shot IF the Broncos to the Super Bowl or they lose in the AFC Championship and the players select dont want to make the trip. Otherwise, with the 3 players in bold above, if the Pats, Colts or Ravens should go, I see Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker being selected as the 4th spot.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There is a 100% chance Dwayne Bowe doesn't even sniff 20 pro Bowl votes. That guy is a bum!

4. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I agree. Put him on the list cause he has gone in the past and the Chiefs were really good this year. But I dont see him going

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Keenan Allen will get it and should he basically didnt play the first few weeks and will have 1000 yards in 12 games

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Andre Johnson had a huge year.

7. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

this may sound crazy but i have never watched a full quarter of the pro bowl. i don't care about such things. i just want a playoff IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR, FOOTBALL gODS!!!!

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

WR: Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, A.J. Green, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Demaryius Thomas

Sorry but as much as we all wanted Kendall Wright in the PB there is no way he's in the above's league or class as of yet ... Especially in a popularity contest he may sadly never get in the next 5+ years with the 8 names listed above him.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Congrats to Verner for making it to the Pro Bowl! way to go kid!

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

A guy that has 2 td's has ZERO chance of making it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar