Titans @ Bucs Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

The Good
    Zach Brown-You have to love how Gray Drafts Ayers.Mcarthy,klug,Casey and now Zach Brown he has played really well in this 2 preseason games I think he will be starting by mid season yet now one is exited about him.-_-

Marks-I love it when players prove us wrong Every one was ready to cut him but now he is the starter.

Cj-He gets alot of heat from fans but CJ is a hard worker he is not one of those lazy divas we all hate.

The Bad

Morgan-Its actually kind of sad how bad he is.

Passing offense-It looks pretty bad so far the WR and Oline are not playing well on passing downs.

Play calling-On both sides I know is the preseason but the play calling is pretty bad from both coaches.

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

The Good
    Zach Brown-You have to love how Gray Drafts Ayers.Mcarthy,klug,Casey and now Zach Brown he has played really well in this 2 preseason games I think he will be starting by mid season yet now one is exited about him.-_-

Marks-I love it when players prove us wrong Every one was ready to cut him but now he is the starter.

Cj-He gets alot of heat from fans but CJ is a hard worker he is not one of those lazy divas we all hate.

The Bad

Morgan-Its actually kind of sad how bad he is.

Passing offense-It looks pretty bad so far the WR and Oline are not playing well on passing downs.

Play calling-On both sides I know is the preseason but the play calling is pretty bad from both coaches.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Did someone hack Costarica's account??

4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

They can have Ronnie Sunshine Bass

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I call BS.

That means they would have had to stop suck Peyton's taint while fondling Tebows wang.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

Locker was awful last night, what do you expect? He looked worse than VY and I honestly think he lost the starting job for the season. Munchak would have to be very generous to give him another start next week.

I really thought Locker was going to win the starting job last night. Not only did he not win it, I think he broke the "tie" and shifted things in Hasselbeck's direction. It WAS that bad. I've seen a lot of people on this site try to make excuses and I'm not having any of it.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

On the INT, he made a decent read. He just threw off his back foot across his body. It sailed on him. I think it was totally mechanics and a dose of being overly pumped up.

I hope they start him Thursday. Usually, that's the game the coaches want to play the starters the entire first half and have them come back out for the first series of the second.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i guess the positive thing to take away from that INT even though it was butt ugly was that Jake definitely learned from it.... you saw that on the next drive when he was faced the same exact thing he took off and went 20 some yards instead of throwing it

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Reynaud needs to make this team in one way or another. He can be the back-up RB, have a Darren Sproles type role as a check receiver or even take over the KR duties full-time if Mariani takes over as a bigger receiver role.

But I wouldnt be overly shocked if the Titans somehow cut him right before the season, as they did with LeGarrette Blount.

Also I would like Jamie Harper step up more as a power back. CJ cannot run inside the guards anymore, even though he plays bigger than what he is. The line is poor and CJ is clearly at his best outside the tackles when he use his "cut-moves."

Harper needs to be used as a primary "power-back" on short-yardage plays. Too often CJ was handed the ball on 3rd and short and stuffed at the line; granted the line is bad, that is not CJ's game.

Harper didnt fare much better at it but hes still young enough to earn a role as a power-back since hes clearly going to be a back-up for most of his career. I feel the Titans brass need to utilize his size. Javon Ringer can be CJ's backup if anything goes wrong but we need that short-yardage power back, ala LenDale White (although I rather not go there with that comparison).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar