Titans @ Bucs Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans did NOT cut Laaggaarreettee

fishface tried too get him onto the pratice squad and allowed him too go too TB so he could have some more quality time with Donald Nicky

And as much as Harper should be a power back and looks like a power back, he so far has refused to accept that role.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Come on, TitanJeff, just admit it was just a horrible throw. I don't think you can sugarcoat that INT.

3. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

It was a horrible throw but hey at least he didn't go pout on the sidelines after it happened!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Both QBs have not played very well. Both have very low QB ratings. Hasselbeck's is lower than Locker's so far ( 40 to 38 isn't saying much though). Last game was the first time that Locker has stood out as playing poorly. It was also his first NFL start. He made some bad rookie mistakes, as did Kendall Wright. Our receivers have been playing very sloppy. I have seen a LOT of drops. These dropps, along with the play calling, I don't think, have done him any favors. I have yet to see Locker be able to get in a rhythm, and when he finally does complete two passes in a row it gets called back for holding or something stupid. I can't put all the blame on our QBs when the rest of our offense is playing so sloppy. Although Locker is making mistakes, we've already seen him start to learn from those mistakes. Munch made a point to mention that when presented with the same circumstances a few series later, he took off for about 21 yds. This is all the more reason to get him some more playing time. There really wasn't a lot of positives to take away from that game, but we've seen him play much better. It's there, he just needs reps under his belt. We already know what we have with Hass. He doesn't need playing time. I think they have to start Locker again next week. He needs as much playing time as possible.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. rekirt

rekirt Camp Fodder

ya but Hasselbeck's first int was the fault of the WR's while his second was more like a punt, both ints are less bad than lockers awful interception and hurt his QB rating moreso.

locker just does not look ready this season, i mean we'll see the next game but i don't wanna rush him and as long as we have a solid QB in hassleback no need to not use him. let him sit and learn one more year before throwing him out there. especially with our first four games this year.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Punt? Qb's don't throw punts.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was horrible. No argument here. But it wasn't the read. It was the mechanics.

If he does it again, then I think we need to be concerned. So far, Locker seems to be one who learns from his errors and makes corrections. Let's hope that happens here. He needs experience.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Hasselbeck's first INT was a terrible throw. It was way low and between the two receivers. It was all Nate could do to get his hands under the ball. It may have been a fluke that it actually got picked, but don't act like Hass didn't have anything to do with it. It was a horrible inaccurate pass, and an easy throw at that. The second INT was a very irresponsible throw. When we needed a first down, he threw it up for grabs. Those kinds of decisions are how you lose a game to a team like the Seahawks.

Another problem here is that you think Hasselbeck is a "solid QB", when Hass is anything but solid at this point in his career. He is inconsistent, injury prone, has no deep ball, he's a Charlie check down, 3 and out machine, and not to mention he is 37 years old and declining. I hear all the time that "Hass gives us the best chance to win", but there is no doubt in my mind that Hass would lose the first four games this year.

Locker has one bad game and now everyone is jumping back on to the Hasselbeck "safe" train. Everyone is too busy scrutinizing Locker's play, and they are forgetting that, even with Lockers surprising performance last game, he is still outplaying Hass. I don't think Hasselbeck offers anything to this team anymore other than his experience, and even that fails him sometimes.

Let's not forget about Locker's great moments. We all know he has the talent. All he needs is the experience, and to learn from his mistakes. Let's not give up on him now just because he made some rookie mistakes. That is part of just about every QB's first NFL start. He has to take his bumps first, then he'll learn from them and improve. That's how it works. If every team kept benching their rookie QBs for making mistakes, then the league would be full of washed up vets like Hass. Let's not rush to bench Locker and halt his development, just to go with Hass and watch him lose the first 4 games, and then throw Locker in to start. I think they should go ahead and name Locker the starter now so he can get as much reps with the first team that he can before the NE game. I think Hass has shown that he's just picking up where he left off last year. Who wants that? Show of hands???....

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I think Locker should start the rest of the pre-season games, and based on his performance the Titans should decide whether or not he earned the starting job. Letting him go back to playing 2nd stringers will tell us nothing about where he is.

10. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I would say trial by fire. Put him in there and we take our lumps. Take Gabbert last year for example. He got beat up, and this year (although preseason) seems to be doing better.

What are we gonna do, grab another vet if Locker doesn't work out? Sooner or later daddy has to hand over the keys and let it ride.

He either stinks up the place and we look to the draft towards the next future, or he flounders than recovers and comes on strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar