Titans/ Bucs postgame thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I want to talk about more than just Vince and Kerry over here. I'll reiterate my thoughts briefly, though.

Vince: Keep it up. The future is yours, kid, just keep "getting it" - and don't let go, don't give up.

Kerry: He's going to be alright, and I think the time he played was about trying to establish some chemistry with Washington. Oh yeah, and that was quite a different OLine out there yesterday.

Chris Johnson: I'm not at all concerned by what I've seen or not seen in preseason so far. I halfway expect that. However, I haven't for a long time ruled out the possibility of a "sophomore slump."

LenDale White: How many still hate this guy? Well, to be honest, I kind of did when he kicked that ball out of bounds. I was thinking "too lazy to get down on the ball." I feel like many will be glad we have LenDale even well before the season's over. I've been saying for some time DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF LENDALE GETS EXTENDED OR FRANCHISED IN TENNESSEE. Again, I'll repeat - If you think Darren Sproles is worth over $6M/year, don't you think LW could be worth $4-6M by season's end? Oh yeah. I do. If something happens to Chris and LW steps up some, more minds will change about this.

Jared Cook: Congratulations Gut, RollTide and others who once again thought this was a weapon we had to add if we got the opportunity in the draft. I'm glad our front office (props to Mike Reinfeldt) is now thinking outside of the box regarding personnel. Heart was in the right place with Chris Henry (a practice swing if you will), but they seem to be really be putting bat on ball now. Speaking of...

Kenny Britt: Wow. This guy comes in, we know he's hurt, and he's still able to perform like that. He looked extremely professional to me. He didn't run his mouth, overly celebrate - even took Bulluck's jabbing at him - he just went out and did it. Hope it wasn't a fluke, but I was impressed. Perhaps even moreso that he was able to take that big hit and hold on to the ball before the touchdown. I thought Nicks and Britt would be fairly close before the draft, but today I'm very happy with what we have here and just hope he can stay healthy. If so, I think our #3 WR question has been answered.

I don't want to put cart before horse, but Justin Gage needs to have his most consistent season yet.

Craig Stevens: along with Cook, they make the deepest TE corps we've ever had. It's absolutely ridiculous when you think about it. I could perhaps see Scaife traded, but I doubt it. However, following this season, I can see Crumpler getting another go-round Nashville if he's still healthy enough. Keep the vet to teach the youngsters, and we'll still have two great blocking TEs (Crump/Stevens) and 3 reliable pass catchers (hopefully, but I'm encouraged).

Jovan Haye: Welcome to the party, but bigups to William Hayes for making that sack possible. It's great to see 2nd years developing out there. It's going to be very tight for the last d-line spots. This is how I see it today - Larry Birdine came back down to earth a bit, and Dave Ball showed up to keep his spot. I think Mitch King showed why we picked him up and right now I'm not thinking the Titans are going to let him go. We'll see what the rest of the preseason brings, but I tell you know, if King's cut, we won't see him here again. Maybe no one thought to draft him, but after camp with Washburn, teams will be wanting to pick him up in a hurry, IMO.

Ryan Mouton and Jason McCourty: lock. Lock it up. Championship. And welcome back Tanard Davis. To me, it's looking like Cary Williams is going to be the odd man out, especially if we keep Faggins. I think he thinks he's a bit better than he really is. I dunno yet, but he strikes me as having a slight air of entitlement. He needs to get on it, or it's back to the practice squad at best. I think he got activated last year (after we lost Mookie) b/c he had some leverage. That leverage is totally gone this year.

McGrath and Keglar will be here for a while, but they're still kids. Boiman was reminding me of when Brad Kassel was our MLB - I know it was coverage, but it's a lot of plays 8 yards down the field. I can almost see us keeping 6 here: Bulluck, Thornton, Tulloch, Fowler, Keglar, McGrath. Fowler needs to vet up, though, IMO.

It's not where I or the team wants it to be, I'm sure, but I don't think we need Mark Jones as a returner. We need the roster spot, IMO. Mouton did nice in both spots. McCourty was hesitant on that KO return, but he can to better than that.

I think Paul Williams will make the final 53. I saw him in there blocking a few times, and if PR is taken away from Chris Davis, make mine Paul Williams.

Washington/Gage/Britt/Hawkins/Williams I think are your 5 WRs. Need to see more of Edison to know anything, but I'm feeling more comfortable with those five guys. By the way, four of those five run sub 4.5 40s, which is nice for a change.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm actually just watching the game, right now (NFLN is replaying it). But, here's what I think so far:

VY- Looks awesome so far. I hope whatever was missing last year (maturity?) is finally there. Keep it going Vince.

Collins- Didn't look very good while I was watching. But, hopefully he can work out, whatever problems he's having, in the next couple of games.

LW- Didn't see enough of him other than the "punt out of bounds."

Cook- I think we may be on to something here. He looks like a keeper.

Britt- If he can create the same chemistry w/Collins that he seemed to have with VY, he's going to have a monster season.

Mouton- Impressive break on the pick 6.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gloat was posting Cook's name first!

but you did say 'and others' so it's cool. :)

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^

Is that the same as you liking the Griffin pick?

5. Deuce Wayne

I didn't say I liked the Griffin pick. I said I like the Griffin pick.

This is what literacy can do for you! Magic!

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think Britt will be a starter before the season is over.

Nate or Gage is going to lose their spot to Britt if he plays like he did last night.

Collins to Nate didnt impress me much last night. I wanna see Britt start a preseason game with Collins and get some shots down field. Nate was a 3rd string WR coming into this team. I think Britt can give him a challenge right out of the gate.

7. Deuce Wayne

Finnegan says Nate Washington is a true #1. And I'd say he knows a few. He also claims Nate has his number.

Britt will not take neither Gage nor Nate's spot this year. He'll be the 3rd, and that's IF (HUGE if) he stays healthy.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Gage was nonexistent yesterday yesterday. He won't lose his spot during pre season. But if he doesn't fix that he can be jumped by britt.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Depth at the receiver position for once.

What a nice change.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar