Titans/ Bucs postgame thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not concerned yet with the run game. Fisher is forcing the run regardless of what the defense is doing. That'll change once they count.

2. cWb10

cWb10 Practice Squad

I really like what I seen outta Britt, he looks like a consistent reciever, I know its was his 1st time out,
    but he really looks like he could be the type of guy we've been needing.

Our 1st team D' looked good, alot of loose balls in 1st quarter.
    Hopefully someone with some hands will step into the role of PR...soon.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Here is exactly what you said: "I like Griffin and the pick" That clearly implied you liked the draft pick.

Who waits until a player is proven to say "I like the pick" anyway. Or who talks about liking a draft pick from a couple years ago in present tense? Oh yeah, the same guy that doesn't understand the definition of words. :yes:

You are just full of it, as usual.

Fwiw, I like the pick of Bulluck.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm so excited about Kenny Britt.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That Buccaneers game was our 2009 rookie coming out party. J. Ringer 7 carries for 51-yards & a 36-yard TD run. K. Britt 5 catches for 89-yards & a TD catch from VY. J.Cook 6 receptions for 56-yards. Good looking offense so far this preseason. Defensively CB/KR Ryan Mouton #29 (that number gets around) he looked okay. As a returner he looks lousy. Luckily for his sake he made that pick six, and gets included in my post. I thought the offensive line could have been better, and that kick LenDale put on the ball was smart.

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I like the Kerry Collins draft pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Not worried about it. Just like TJ states, they are forcing the run regardless just to get everyone on the same page.

Doesn't surprise me. Finny is known for laying MFers out. He has a knack for putting TEs on the ground. Look at that hit he had on Todd Heap on the p/o game. And the hit (that unf. resulted in a TD) that he had on Ward in the Pittsburgh game (which I hope he repeats in the season opener).

Agreed. As long as he continues improving his mindset, decision making and consistency, that's all we axe.

They are both going to be nightmares for opposing DBs, especially the smaller ones. Britt laying a block on a sweep or downfield, on a DB during a run play doesn't bode well for a defense.
    Given their size, it isn't going to be very smart for defenses to try to press cover them with smaller DBs. LBs could jam them better, but if they get out of it, there's no way a LB can keep up with either of them.

Yes it will be a good test. The most important part of this test is that Dallas runs a 3-4 defense like Pitt does. This is time for Vince to shine.
    And concerning Brady, if any team gets to him and turns him into a pretzel before we get the chance to, imma be p!ssed.
    When we play the Pats, I want to see him carried off the field in a cart.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I like Michael Griffin draft pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

It's was just the 1st real game of the pre-season so perspective is required:

Collins - was trying too hard, probably by design - to hook up with Washington. In the regular season he's not apt to force throws like that.

Vince - best game in two years. He has to be "on" to be effective because his arm is limited, IMO

O Line - not getting a good push off the line of scrimmage and allowing too much pressure on the QB. Getting Mawae and Stewert healthy will be vital, but with our dearth of experienced backups the margin for error is thin.
    If our line play is noticeably worse than it was last year our super bowl hopes will be dashed.

Mouton seems to "get it" already. He's playing a lot of nickle and looks like he'll be the punt returner. He's filling a big void.

Cook will get a lot of playing time if he can block a little and avoid costly holding penalties. He gets open, is a huge target, and has great hands.

10. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Here is what I like about Britt and Cook:

They catch the :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:ing ball and make something happen with it after the catch.

While this sounds painfully simple, it is exactly what we have been missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar