Titans Can Afford Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Why because of the Pittsburgh game?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly everyone thinks JJ is going to be our savior if Albert leaves he had one game I'd rather see more even though I was impressed.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

True..
    btw..Is your comma (,) key busted?

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yes......:wink2:

5. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Listen from what ive seen, Jason Jones will be a replacement for either Kearse or Haynesworth. He is good enough to start on our line, but with that said...its gonna be hard for him or anyone else to live up to what Big Al has done for our D over the past few seasons. Do i think we should sign Al..of course id be dum to say no, but for that kind of money it becomes a huge risk factor. Long term deals for big guys like Al can be dangerous especially beacuse he gets hurt so much. Also when your looking at big money signings and in a league with salary caps you have to be futuristic. We cant afford to sign Al to this deal and still hold on to other key players like Thornton, Harper, Hope and guy who are set to be Free Agents in upcoming years.

Look at our free agents in 2010
    RB LenDale White UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    TE Alge Crumpler UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    OG Benji Olson UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    OT Michael Roos UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    C Eugene Amano UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    C Kevin Mawae UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    DL Tony Brown UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    DL Kyle Vanden Bosch UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    LB Ken Amato UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    LB Keith Bulluck UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    LB Stephen Tulloch UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
    CB Nick Harper UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent

pretty much just by looking you can tell we have alot of key players ready to pack up and leave after next season. We need to think ahead before we think of now. Yes signing Al should be a top priority but you have to stop and think about wether it is worth it in the long run to loose out on KVB or Bulluck. I love Al but you have to remember one thing, he is not superman, yes he is great but he is replaceable. If we resign him great, but i dont think it is a good move to take up a third of our free space for one player.

6. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Isn't Roos extended beyond 2010? I thought he got a long term extension, and I would imagine it was more than 2 years. Just checking. That said, I think we can sign Big Al and keep who we really want out of the group you listed.

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Just checked on this, and Roos signed a six year extension last year. That put him in place until 2013 or 14.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I wouldn't hold your breath on Big Al. I think chances he stays is pretty slim.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not really. Bulluck, KVB, LW are the ones I'd like to see back. But if we had to let one go, I'd say KVB and draft a DE.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Benji retired.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar