Titans Can Afford Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I feel like going postal sometimes but I don't. I don't know man.... Jason Jones did well but it's kind of premature to proclaim him "replacement". I really don't think Jones has done enough to prove that he is equal to Haynesworth and that is what the term "replacement" means to me. I think my attitude of preferring to go it w/o Haynesworth lends a whole lot of credit to Jason Jones.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Why don't people know Olson retired? Who did they think was playing this year? How can you forget we locked up our tackles for the next several years? This is BIG TITAN STUFF here, people. Slap, slap. Wake up.

Of AH, KB and KVB, AH and KVB are most vital. Bulluck I want to retain, but it probably needs to be at a reasonable 3 or 4-year deal.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

It was just back in December Haynesworth made a cripple out of some poor slop on I-65... you guys overlook all his baggage quite readily.

If he played lights out since he was drafted and didn't have all the incidents I'd say go ahead and do it... even if he has only completed one season... I'd accept the 2-4 games out a year... but this guy... we can't rule out him going to jail on us with all this Need For Speed crap he lives out in real life...

He didn't as much as send flowers or visit that dude he maimed. What kind of person puts someone in the hospital for weeks and doesn't even send a card? He should have been down there with a signed ball from all the Titans at the very least.

4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I dont get the idea that just because AH passed the guy at a high rate of speed on an interstate highway(2 to 4 lanes) it is his fault the other man crashed. Sure I get surprised when someone blows by me, but not enough to loose control of my own vehicle. Or I'm I missing something. Did they say the vehicles had some sort of collision? Maybe I'm just seeing from a different angle.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

He was charged with careless driving and cited for driving a vehicle that had an expired registration four days after being placed on probation and paying a $1,000 fine for a similar charge. What I am saying is that he is habitually a danger to society on the road. It is not ok to blow by people in excess of 100 mph. That causes accidents. That causes people to get hurt. It's causes people to lose their lives. What I am asking is what good is Albert if he's in jail for killing someone on the road? Anyone that can be placed on probation and four days later commit the same offense doesn't need to be on this team. Didn't Pacman Jones teach us anything?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]

This is Corey Edmonson.

This picture is hot linked
    from his facebook page.

Corey needs hip replacement surgery
    because of Haynesworth.

It's almost enough to make you wish it was Albert with the shattered hip.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's a compelling argument Bipolar. I didn't realize the driver was hurt that bad in the wreck. AH does seem to have a real problem with driving at high speeds.

I also think you made good points in another thread, as long as we are willing to change our defensive style, we can be as good a team without AH.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see how mentioning training camp scraps Haynesworth had three seasons ago has any bearing on whether or not he's worth a long-term deal now. Tempers flare. KVB was in more stuff this training camp than anyone.

Pointing to his laziness could indicate he's prone to regress once he gets his money. But he's been in great shape the last two seasons.

He's been pretty much a choir boy on the field since the suspension. Surely we don't hold a few borderline late hits/NFL fines against him. If we do, we might as well cut Finnegan now. Those are just part of the game.

Does his traffic record have anything to do with how he'll play on Sunday for the next few seasons? Get him some driving lessons. Have the court take his license away and force him to be driven everywhere he goes for the next year. But I don't see how it has anything to do with whether or not the Titans sign him to long-term deal.

To me, whether or not the Titans should give him a long-term boils down to two things. One, will he continue to play at a high level or will he become lazy and allow the injuries he played through the last two seasons keep him off the field? Two, will giving so much of the cap to a rotating position limit what the team can do in other areas to the point the negatives outweigh the positives?

I'm glad I don't have to make the decision. We have to hope those that do know him have solid insight as to how he'll respond.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I met Haynesworth a long time ago and he instantly struck me as...not so smart. Keep in mind, I was about 17 at the time, and he was about 24. So his off-field problems never surprised me.
    He's probably matured a lot, but still. His first impression is still what i see a lot.

I just figure he'll get his money and start sitting out 5 games a season and playing 70%. I think being the highest paid DT in the league means more to him than being the best DT in the league.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It makes it hard to root for a guy on my team when he runs me off the road on Saturday evenings.

That and this speeding problem seems to be an ongoing problem. How long before it ends in something more tragic that results in jail time? Hopefully that never happens, but in a contract of this proportion ALL risks must be considered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar