Titans cap room relative to teams and targets.............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i have to say i just spit out my cab on the bittercentral thing...........you got me.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you spat out of a taxi?

3. :ha:

Somehow, I think he means wine... :spit:

4. Hill may be a player, but I don't think he's a great starter. I'd love to have 2 shutdown CBs out there to give some teeth to the defense. And we've seen Hill get abused at times this year, though granted that hasn't been as much of a problem recently.

DEs are hard to come by, and I don't expect any big name FAs. I'd love to add one, but I think we're looking at adding a mid-tier guy at best unless we can draft a stud.

With MLB, I can't see them spending money there when they have already invested so much in the other 2 LBs.

Offensively, I think there are a number of positions they should try to upgrade. Maybe no big name free agents, but they can have the cap space to add a few impact players if they want.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

a DE would make Hill pretty solid.............he has been pretty solid with abad rush.............he has gotten better this yr and i think he played great against the Colts and Houston................

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i'll give you a guy i would blow some cash on for a 3 yr deal.......cause i think he has alot of tread left.................FT of the jags............he for sure will be free next yr...............they got Jones back and have MJD and Pearman and others.................FT would be a nice change of pace to LW

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

SK- Why do you think a DE will be hard to come by? It looks to be one of the deepest areas in FA with Freeney, Thomas, Smith, Kerney, Grant, Little all being FAs. I'm sure a few will get franchised, but Thomas's agent said that they were done dealing with the Ravens a few weeks ago. DE should be our 1st priority in FA because the draft isn't loaded with top end DEs.

If we decide to sign AH to an extension and re-sign Robaire then I could easily see us placing the low tender on Starks especially if Brown and Mahalona continue to progress.

We need to be more aggressive about resigning our young guys to deals early. No need to wait until they are RFA. If you know you have a keeper then lock him up before the yearly inflation hits.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Hill's got very good cover skills, and the guy would be a top-notch corner if he'd turn his damned head around once in a while.

I don't expect him to be the second coming of Deion Sanders...heck, every corner gives up a play here and there. His only problem is his lack of awareness....instincts or whatever. Several of the big plays he's allowed would have been easily knocked down or even intercepted, but since Rey never looks for the ball, the receiver gets an easy, unchallenged catch.

That's what's so frustrating about the guy....other than that, he's been doing a damn fine job. If they could just fix that one thing, he'd be a stud.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Absolutely.

Fred Taylor is probably the most underrated RB in the league, and has been for years. This year, he's averaging 4.9 ypc, and he already has over 1200 yards from scrimmage. Pretty good for a guy who's supposed to be on his last legs, wouldn't you say? ;)

Now, he's obviously one of the greatest players in the history of the Jaguars' franchise, and you'd think Tennessee would be the last place he'd want to go, but hey.....the same could be said of three guys who are currently on the Ravens' roster. Anything can happen in the offseason.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Little resigned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar