Titans Coaches Comment on Young Pick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher and Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow both feel Vince Young's potential is what gives him the edge over Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler. "The deciding factor is the enormous potential from an athletic standpoint in what he can do," said Fisher. "You look at it from a defensive standpoint and it will make you very uncomfortable with the kind of things he can do at the position. Yes, he is going to be a fine passer as well but if you add the mobility factor to the position then the sky is the limit for him. The Titans don't initially plan to change the offense to fit Young's strengths but will tweak it over time. "Obviously, he is a tremendous athlete that brings so much to the table and we will just have to see," said Chow. "I think you need to tweak a little bit to fit the player that you have. This guy brings so much to the table that it’s exciting to think of what we can do with this guy once we get him off his feet."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I likes me some Vince

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I likes me some Vince.. and White...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You've really started something with that.

Me likes me some Vince too.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Tweak is probably the right word, because McNair is pretty much the same qb. The playbook over the last 10 years shouldn't be all that different. We have drafted McNair-George II.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and twink should be the word for anyone who says I likes me some Vince. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar