Titans contacted Falcons about Schaub

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by danny, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think it really screws anybody to be honest. I think it was probably a genuine inquiry to see what it would take to get Schaub, that way we could possibly get a Ferguson or another immediate impact player and not have to spend the 3rd pick on a QB.

Not everything is a smokescreen, and I dont think this is a smokescreen. If it is its pretty pointless and they are wasting their time I think. Unless Floyd and Jeff secretly want Ferguson and are trying to get the saints to trade out to insure that Ferguson is there at 3. Thats the only way I see this having a point with regards to being a smokescreen.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Is that a smokescreen?:winker:

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well yeah, if we really dont want one of the QBs its a good smokescreen, but if we arent able to get Schaub then I think we probably do want a Qb at 3, so, pretty pointless, unless Floyd has us all fooled at this point. Which is certainly possible.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:wall:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think Reese just does things to keep people guessing.

He is in reality only masking the hidden truth which is even he has no idea what he is going to do, so, he does something, even if it is pointless, maybe only to be percieved as doing something. It's not like he can be criticized for sitting on his hands. Makes him look like some kind of tireless worker leaving no stone unturned.

6. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

We are making it look like we are not sold on any of the three QB's in this draft at #3 by showing interest in Culpepper and Schaub. So if you want a QB and pick right after us (Jets, Raiders) there is no need to trade with the Saints to get in front of us. That is what we are making it look like....that all three QB's will be sitting there for the Jets at #4.

7. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

i think forget hit and draft leinart or young!

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

royhobbs, maybe that is what we want it to look like to keep the Jets from dealing with the Saints. I really don't know.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If we really want Leinart then we shouldn't be trying to drive the price of Schaub up because we should hope that the Jets get him in exchange for JAbe. Then they wouldn't want to trade up. That would leave only the Raiders who would be in striking distance of trading into the 2nd spot.

On the other hand if we landed Schaub then the Jets wouldn't feel compelled to jump to the 2nd spot to land their QB. We could then get the Raiders to trade up to our spot or at least convince the Jets that the Raiders were going to do it.

10. joe6pack

joe6pack Guest

Schaub would be a great pick-up & personally I'm all for it! He has looked very solid when he's filled in for Vick, has a strong arm & is ready now as opposed to those we could draft. Then, as has been suggesteed, we can look to improve yet another position with our pick at No. 3 & so on. We could even consider trading Volek then to get into the third round huh? Sounds like a great plan to me & I hope we do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar