Titans contacted Falcons about Schaub

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by danny, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORY21

LORY21 Starter

if this really happens....poor volek! must be terrible to play with such a playstation-playbook:))
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

According to the Tennessean this morning, Reese has not called the Falcons about Schaub.

So this could just be a rumor started by those who want to raise Schaub's stock and they just used a team who is openly known to be looking hard at a QB in the draft.
  3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd like to have Schaub. Then we could take D'Brick, not have to address QB in the draft, and strengthen other positions because we'd already have our young future QB.
  4. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I am never sold on a back-up.
  5. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Schaub hasn't done squat outside of preseason. He has completed just hald his passes and has just 1 more TD than INT. I see no reason to get especially excited about him.
  6. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Well why was there reason to get excited about Hasselbeck when the Seahawks traded for him?
  7. dg1979us

dg1979us Starter

He has started 2 career games and has been in the league two years. I dont think thats much to observe him by. I think he is looked at just like the rookies are looked at, which is based on his potential, not what he has done. I see no reason to be more excited about Leinart, Young, or Cutler than I would about Schaub. He has just as strong an arm as any of them, and is more mobile than all of them except Young, so from a physical standpoint I think he is better than all of them. And he did look impressive against the Pats last year. Just saying, I see no reason to be less excited about him than about any of the rookies who have yet to play an NFL down.
  8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

The ignorance is lawyer-like. Well done.
  9. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

Most of the Britsih Titans fans i've talked to aren't sold on Matt either as the Titans QB.

They'd prefer a QB from the draft
  10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Threre really isn't a reason to be more excited about Schaub than Billy V. And if we brought Schaub in, it wouldn't stop us necessarily from drafting a QB. I'd still take Billy and his records over 10 games than Schaub and his two starts. Billy's learned from better QBs (Steve, NOD) than Matt (Vick).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.